News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: KiddEd: Alex Kidd in Miracle World Editor  (Read 12288 times)

Erockbrox

• View Profile
Re: KiddEd: Alex Kidd in Miracle World Editor
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 02:01:30 am »
Very cool. Just to let you know, I plan on doing a hack on every game which has a legitimate editor programmed for it such as yours. Awesome work!

Calindro

• View Profile
    • Emulicious
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 01:56:09 pm »
A major update of KiddEd has been released!

Finally you can have individual metatilesets for each level! That means a change of metatiles for a level won't affect any other level. This allows for much more variety and flexibility with designing your level layouts.
Another improvement can be found in the Sound Editor. You can now change the priorities of sound effects and decide whether a song should loop or not.

Please note: For this year's competition SMSPower also allows romhacks as entrants. So if you're interested in participating or just want to see what others are working on you can check it out at:
http://www.smspower.org/forums/15883-Competitions2016#90652

Users of KiddEd will receive the update via the update system, others can check it out at:
http://kidded.emulicious.net

ddaavvee

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 10:54:14 pm »
For the life on me, i cannot seems to find the correct Alex the Kidd ROM to load the editor. Can anyone help?  ;D

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 10:14:35 am »
Try finding one called "Alex Kidd in Miracle World (USA, Europe) (v1.1)".
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 11:41:49 pm »
This is my favorite game on Master System and though I really lack the creativeness required to create levels, I really hope some people will do some romhacks with this editor, as I always wanted an Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2 ;)

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 07:02:42 am »
Well you can find my first one on this site :) (Radaxian Rumble) And a near complete demo of the sequel is here: http://626535750121256080.weebly.com/alex-kidd-in-bro-no.html

Two other good ones are Ma Kai Quest and Fall of Radaxian.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 11:04:15 pm »
Nice. Thanks for the infos!

Calindro

• View Profile
    • Emulicious
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 01:06:25 pm »
This is my favorite game on Master System and though I really lack the creativeness required to create levels, I really hope some people will do some romhacks with this editor, as I always wanted an Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2 ;)
You might also want to check this page out:
http://www.smspower.org/Hacks/GameModifications

The entries starting with Alex Kidd in Miracle World are hacks created using KiddEd.

Calindro

• View Profile
    • Emulicious
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 03:56:59 pm »

This update comes with lots of improvements and several new features:
  • The whole UI of KiddEd has been overhauled and all editors can now freely be resized. Checkout the new setting in the settings menu to see if you prefer integer scaling or scaling to window size. You can also use ALT+Mousewheel to zoom in and out.
  • In old versions of KiddEd if you placed new money bags in a level with castle layout they used to respawn when a screen was reentered. With this new version this misbehavior has been fixed.
  • The main editor of KiddEd now also supports to copy&paste only the layout of a screen without its entites and without adding a new screen.
  • The tile editor now allows to add/remove tiles from level main/additional tilesets.
  • The level settings editor now additionally allows to convert a level to castle layout.
  • The tileset editor now allows to move around level main/additional tilesets within a tileset.
  • The sprite editor now allows to edit the tiles used in a sprite.
  • The sound editor now allows to change the looping property of music.
  • A new hack has been added that allows to edit the hidden entites in Cragg Lake.
  • For castle layout a new hack has been added to stop Alex from walking from the start of the level.

Users of KiddEd can receive the update via the update system, others can check it out at
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:10:38 pm by Calindro »

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 05:21:59 pm »
Nice work! :)

Calindro

• View Profile
    • Emulicious
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 05:17:01 pm »

This update comes with lots of improvements and several new features:
  • The Text Editor has been extended by a free text editor that allows you to control the whole shape of text boxes via control sequences.
    A control sequence begins with a backslash followed by a single letter for the direction (l – left, u – up, r – right, d – down) followed by the amount to travel
  • A Sprite Tileset Editor has been added that allows you to modify the sprite tilesets that are available for sprite tilesets in the Tileset Editor
  • The Tileset Editor has been enhanced to allow adding/removing level additional and main tilesets. Furthermore, level main tilesets can now also be used as level additional tilesets.

Users of KiddEd can receive the update via the update system, others can check it out at

Calindro

• View Profile
    • Emulicious
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 04:06:42 pm »
An update of KiddEd is available.

It comes with several bugfixes and some minor UI improvements.

Additionally, the following features have been added:
  • The layout of level 3 can now be converted
  • A hack has been added to use the start button of a mega drive pad for the pause button
  • When converting to castle layout the dimensions of the level can now be set
  • The starting screen in a castle layout can now be set
  • Levels can now be exported to the format of the General Scroll Library by psidum (GSlib)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:18:45 pm by Calindro »

Calindro

• View Profile
    • Emulicious
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 08:18:38 am »
An update of KiddEd is available!

• The Cragg Lake bonuslevel is now split from the Cragg Lake level.
    This makes Cragg Lake a regular level in which screens can be added/removed now
    and its layout can now be converted to other layouts like with other levels.
  • The hacks "Make crown work in every level" and "Make Cragg Lake entities editable"
    became obsolete now and got removed.
  • A bug in the hack "Use Mega Drive start button for pause" got fixed.
    If you had applied this hack before just apply it again to incorporate the bugfix.
  • The text of the ending sequence can now be edited freely with the raw data editor
    at the bottom of the Text Editor.