News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help Translation of Tales of Vesperia  (Read 2702 times)

NonPlayerCharacter

• View Profile
Help Translation of Tales of Vesperia
« on: December 20, 2014, 11:05:23 pm »
Hi! I'm kinda new in the world of romhacking, so I don't even know if what I'm going to ask will have sense.
Recently, after several years of waiting, was released the spanish translation of Tales of vesperia for Xbox 360.

The problem is the patch only works for the PAL version. And the point is I don't want to wait another 5 years for the patch to be released.

I want to know if it could be possible to extract somehow the information in the patch that is already avalaible and remake the patch for
NTSC consoles. Perhaps I'm requesting the impossible, but maybe there is a way to "convert" the patch or something.

Thanks!

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Re: Help Translation of Tales of Vesperia
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 12:04:17 am »
The only other way to really play that right away would it be on a modded xbox as it ignores region codes...

NonPlayerCharacter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 10:01:04 pm »
But there is no way for using somehow the things that are already translated in the PAL patch and make a NTSC patch?

Scio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:35:09 pm »
It's not as simple as overwriting the original files with the translated files. There are quite a lot of games with differences between their PAL/NTSC versions. So you'd have to find a way to convert the patch to work with the NTSC version. Sadly, there's no tool that can do this for you, because every game is different in its own way.

Like mrrichard999 said, the painless way to go is to use a modded console.

NonPlayerCharacter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 11:05:39 pm »
Well, thanks anyway. I am going to investigate the differences between both games; maybe there is a chance.