News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Insight needed for my project  (Read 1329 times)

theSplntr

• View Profile
Insight needed for my project
« on: December 05, 2014, 01:46:43 pm »
Hello Romhackers!

I am planning on making a table top arcade, basically by placing motherboard, HDD, power supply, monitor and a keyboard with joystick and arcade buttons soldered on to it.  Would like to have emulators on it to play the games; however, I would like to run my own program at startup to launch various games.  Basically I am hoping to write a program that lists all the ROMs that I will have saved on the computer.  When the user selects the which game they would like to play, the program will launch the correlating emulator and open the ROM. Would like to avoid having to open up the emulator first then going to browse for a specific ROM. Most likely will be run in a windows OS.  Any insight into what language may have these capabilities would be greatly appreciated.   Is this possible with a simple batch file to have an emulator open up with a specific rom? 

Thanks in advance.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Re: Insight needed for my project
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »
What you're looking for most likely is a front-end. I've used GameEx and XBMC+AdvancedLauncher; GameEx is probably more what you'd need for something like this, but this seems like a good list right here. No need to reinvent the wheel here :)

Good luck!