News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: japanese gba Games that need Pheripherals needs to be hacked and played normaly  (Read 2403 times)

arshes91

• View Profile
To be cleared enought ive seen bounch of games that had requiement to use pheripherals instead of playing normaly using joystick or vice versa, gives me some nerves because there other games that needs use such figurines to play the game thats not enought.

For some examples i searched japanese Gba games has been release in 2004 or so. the game with a special pheripheral and a figurine to recognize the character it'self, the problem is having issue with the rom and the emulator is unplayable using without those things how to solve this issue? only the answer is hacking entire rom to fake where to recognize character's ID is use that pheripheral.

There a game use the same way to play a game with pheripheral and figurine thankfuly was cracked by Rising Sung the game is Plaston Gate GP, is unfair that racing game got the ability to uses that garbage when is possibles to play without, wich i can't understand thier japan ideas that come out nowdays.

these are the list of games need really to cut out those pheripherals and make them playable on emulators

Legendz: Isle Of Trials

Legendz: Sign Of Necromu

Plaston Gate

Plaston Gate DX (i cant remeber)

I Agree Such i thing or maybe im crazy? :D

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
So these are Skylanders/amiibos before they were popular? :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

FAST6191

• View Profile
I have heard of the legendz series before (I still have to see what they did for the Korean versions), never heard of plaston gate and will have to look it up after this. Anyway yeah Legendz was skylanders before it was cool. To the best of my knowledge there are no emulator builds to handle them, mainly as I imagine they used some level of external logic which would also have to be emulated.

Otherwise the GBA was pretty basic -- no special chips or mappers like the SNES and NES, however there were a couple of on cart extras.

Still I did make a list of all the potentially trouble
http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995

Short version there is other than those handful of games with anti piracy (classic nes and later famicom mini titles if you must use them rather than superior emulation options, a couple of dragon ball ? games and maybe a couple of others)
A handful of games, most notably pokemon games named for gems, a couple of boktai games and megaman 4.5 have real time clock.
Boktai quite notably also features the solar sensors http://gbatemp.net/threads/boktai-solar-sensor-patch-kit.245127/ (read the whole thread)

Various types of tilt and gyro were observed.
Yoshi Universal gravitation/topsy turvy.
Warioware twisted.

All of these are variously documented in http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#gbacartridges and all should have Japanese releases as well.

Edit. Ah I see you are the same person that mentioned it to me a couple of years back.

arshes91

• View Profile
Quite understand  documents but i need someone try to hack those unplayable japanese games i really  want see some intrest to replace is ID's soul doll supposted recognize that character in this game.

ive have some experience trought Vba's emulator debug i tryed myself search is soul Id's where trying to activate with figurine no clue whats over so i needs someone expert to crack those games because i like a lot those well animated graphics like pokemon Black/White style :/

So these are Skylanders/amiibos before they were popular? :P

Yeah im spechless how far become popular over here slap in the face instead playing normaly with joystick wasting enought money .-.

December 04, 2014, 07:28:00 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I have heard of the legendz series before (I still have to see what they did for the Korean versions), never heard of plaston gate and will have to look it up after this. Anyway yeah Legendz was skylanders before it was cool. To the best of my knowledge there are no emulator builds to handle them, mainly as I imagine they used some level of external logic which would also have to be emulated.

Otherwise the GBA was pretty basic -- no special chips or mappers like the SNES and NES, however there were a couple of on cart extras.

Still I did make a list of all the potentially trouble
http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995

Short version there is other than those handful of games with anti piracy (classic nes and later famicom mini titles if you must use them rather than superior emulation options, a couple of dragon ball ? games and maybe a couple of others)
A handful of games, most notably pokemon games named for gems, a couple of boktai games and megaman 4.5 have real time clock.
Boktai quite notably also features the solar sensors http://gbatemp.net/threads/boktai-solar-sensor-patch-kit.245127/ (read the whole thread)

Various types of tilt and gyro were observed.
Yoshi Universal gravitation/topsy turvy.
Warioware twisted.

All of these are variously documented in http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#gbacartridges and all should have Japanese releases as well.

Edit. Ah I see you are the same person that mentioned it to me a couple of years back.

Rising Sun Was tryed to crack plaston gate GP very well, it's fully playable when you use Button like cheat code instead of use figurines you can play normaly, when it's pressed it radomly appear that character was used in the figurine so it's possibles to do the same thing in legendz.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:28:00 am by arshes91 »