News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy II/IV hack  (Read 5341 times)

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy II/IV hack
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 01:23:13 am »
Yeah. I spent an hour or two experimenting with it and some of the other aspects. It was very confusing at first. Eventually I got the hang of it and decided to start the game where it places you after the Prologue (just outside the castle). Decided to play it up to just after the incident at Mist (to see how it behaved) and had no problems despite walking into the village without Kain or the Package. Lol

I also changed Cecil's name to Sonia and his/her job to "Belmont" (hehe) then altered some of the equipment and starting equipment to fit the Castlevania theme I'm going for.

Hopefully any new questions I have won't be so silly. Most of this first week and a half on the project was spent doing research and refining my concepts. Didn't get too deep into the editor 'til now. I'm getting into the actual "work" part as well. Next up: start working on the character + level art and begin editing the script.

So how about that guide you wrote about hacking the music? I won't be working on that part for a while but the sooner I get a heads up on it the better. Can't have a Castlevania game with Final Fantasy music :)
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 02:42:06 am »
Sure.
Here's a link to the guide on my Google drive. It was written on Notepad, and is probably viewed best that way, with word wrap on.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 02:52:35 am »
Awesome. Thanks. You are most helpful as usual. 8)
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.