News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Deception Bugfixed  (Read 7593 times)

Darklink7884

• View Profile
The Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Deception Bugfixed
« on: October 25, 2014, 05:24:20 pm »
The Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Deception is a hack made by an unknown author roughly 10 years ago. In many areas of the overworld, the player will encounter enemies not normally seen above ground, such as Wizzrobes.

Unfortunately, this game was unfinished during it's initial release. I played through the whole game, in and out, and was surprised to discover that Level-5 was not accessable, let alone untouched. The same thing goes for Level-8 and the 2nd Quest. I am starting a project to redo all or part of the dungeons and the overworld. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE 6/25/2015: The 1st Quest has been finished. Level-5, Level-8, and Level-9 have all been redone with new puzzles, re-arranged items, etc. Some overworld screens have also been modified for better accessibility.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Other/Games/TLoZ%20Ganon's%20Deception%20(Hack)?preview=Legend+of+Zelda+-+Ganons+Deception+(V1.0)+Bugfixed.zip

Should any bugs arise, please let me know and I'll get to it right away.

Regards,

Darklink7884
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:29:06 pm by Darklink7884 »

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Deception Bugfixed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 09:28:06 am »
Broken link??

Trax

• RHDN Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Trax ROM Hacking
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:43:17 pm »
I think I also tried to finish the game a few years ago, and a dungeon seemed to have an illogical layout where Link could get stuck in a wall after the transition between screens, or something similar. This made the game unfinishable...

Nice initiative, Dark Link. I can only presume that the dungeons beyond the fatal bug were also hacked and completed. Or were they left to their original state? If it's the former, then maybe the hack was finished, but only had fatal bugs that prevented the players to progress at some point...

I can help with the technical stuff or ROM offsets. I made an editor for the game, so I know the ROM quite well...

To upload files, try Ze Bucket, it's simpler...

Darklink7884

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ganon\'s Deception Bugfixed
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 04:33:20 pm »
Broken link??

I fixed the broken link. Feel free to download it, and let me know if it needs improvement. Please keep in mind that only the 1st Quest has been finished, and I will start work on the 2nd Quest at a later date.

June 25, 2015, 04:42:04 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I think I also tried to finish the game a few years ago, and a dungeon seemed to have an illogical layout where Link could get stuck in a wall after the transition between screens, or something similar. This made the game unfinishable...

Nice initiative, Dark Link. I can only presume that the dungeons beyond the fatal bug were also hacked and completed. Or were they left to their original state? If it's the former, then maybe the hack was finished, but only had fatal bugs that prevented the players to progress at some point...

I can help with the technical stuff or ROM offsets. I made an editor for the game, so I know the ROM quite well...

To upload files, try Ze Bucket, it's simpler...

The last two dungeons (Level-8 and Level-9) were left in their original state, as was the 2nd Quest. Level-5 and Level-7 were both incomplete and inaccessible when this hack first came out. The overworld also had restricted accessibility.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:42:04 pm by Darklink7884 »

cpubus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 03:10:42 pm »
that link does not work, it leads to the drop box home page

cpubus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 12:41:50 am »
awesome, thank you :laugh: :woot!:

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 05:18:04 pm »
Good job! :)

Darklink7884

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 10:54:32 am »

Darklink7884

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 05:17:29 pm »
Sorry for the late post. Anyway, I decided to work on Ganon's Deception one last time. The 2nd Quest dungeons were almost completely redone. The overworld was further modified, some caves were switched around, and secret money amounts offered by Moblins were increased from 45 to 50 and from 120 to 150. Prices have been lowered on some items (i.e. Blue Candle now costs 50 rupees, Fish for 40 rupees, and Slingshot Bullets for 50 rupees). There are three bomb upgrades available in both quests, so the player can carry a maximum of 20 bombs.

Should any unintended bugs arise, please let me know, and I will fix them ASAP.

Download link (Version 2.0, Final): https://dl.dropbox.com/s/4ijxvumgrx9to2g/TLoZ_Ganons_Deception_V2.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:01:16 pm by Darklink7884 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:28 pm »
Download link (Version 2.0, Final): http://www.romhacking.net/scratchpad/1189/

"You are not the owner of this file! Access Denied!"
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 06:48:50 pm »
Scratchpad is strictly for the purpose of submitting files to the database. I approved the submission so the file can be downloaded from the hack page.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2476/

marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 03:29:14 pm »
where the hell is lvl 5 in 2nd quest.found every other lvl but now im stuck.... at least 30 hours on lookming for that lvl...
anyone can help?

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 05:35:09 pm »
You could always open it up in a level editor to find it.

Trax

• RHDN Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Trax ROM Hacking
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 03:50:34 am »
I know it's a detail, but I don't think this project should be called a "bug fix" anymore. It's more like the redesign of an unfinished project. This also means the final result should replace the old submission. I'm also aware that the rules probably were different in 2005, so don't break a sweat either on that matter...