News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: How to export files from PS2 ISO? :D  (Read 23068 times)

Quina

• View Profile
How to export files from PS2 ISO? :D
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:30:09 am »
Specifically I want to have .FST, or .AFS files from a PS2 ISO. Which tool can extract files from PS2 ISO. With PS1 ISO I know a tool named CDMage but I use it with PS2 ISO some stupid error appeared.  :banghead:
Need help please.  :laugh:

Malias

• View Profile
Re: How to export files from PS2 ISO? :D
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 02:10:20 am »
Have you tried mounting the image onto a virtual drive via something like MagicISO or Daemon Tools and ripping them from there?
The great achievement is to lose one's reason for no reason, and to let my lady know that if I can do this without cause, what should I do if there were cause?
     ~Don Quixote~

Quina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:23:22 am »
Aha good I found Virtual Clone Drive. I can mount ISO and see files in it.
But after that how can I rebuild the ISO. I mean, I can copy files from ISO by that VCD tool, after that I ll edit those copied-files but when I paste edited-files to the ISO the error: not enough disk space appear.

PhOeNiX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:58:27 am »
For editing PS2 ISO's, you should use either CDMage (the one with the import function) or Apache 3. Apache 3 can be found on this site at http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/584/.

CDMage can be found here http://www.videohelp.com/tools/CDMage

October 23, 2014, 06:59:55 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Both tools allow to reinsert files in the ISO, given that you don't change the size of the file you are going to insert. Rebuilding the whole ISO will require some more magic. Moreover, many games, do not use the standard ISO9660 file system to access files, thus, just rebuilding the ISO might not work properly.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 07:14:35 am »
For the most part it is standard iso handling tools that do what needs doing, PhOeNiX just linked a bunch which is nice as previously it was mainly commercial stuff (ultraiso, poweriso, magiciso....) that played well here.

Some games did leave files outside the standard filesystem though, most notably some of the Square Enix stuff which in turn had various audio tools made to rip it. This is why an iso might be so many gigs but all the files extracted might be somewhat less, though there are other reasons (padding was useful in some cases and on the xbox at least there were benefits to ordering the files properly/putting them at the edge of the disc).

Clippit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:00:36 pm »
I've been working with PS2 ISOs for a couple of months now, and I think the best way to extract them is with 7zip. It actually works. There's also another cool tool called DkzStudio which lets you explore the ISO's content. Oh and, to rebuild the ISOs, I use a program called ImgBurn. I had no problems with it, except when the games are in BINs... I've yet to figure that out.

Also, sorry for not providing download links... but, they should be easy to google up. Hope it helps.  :thumbsup:
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

Quina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 11:18:25 pm »
@Clippit: Good! The Imgburn works.
But did you notice that the size of the new ISO has a lillte difference to old ISO? With mine, old 3.69 GB new 3.67 GB.
Is it no problem?

a1999a

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 03:21:16 pm »
There is also an utility called VGMToolBox.

Clippit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 01:39:15 am »
@Clippit: Good! The Imgburn works.
But did you notice that the size of the new ISO has a lillte difference to old ISO? With mine, old 3.69 GB new 3.67 GB.
Is it no problem?
I don't think that's a problem, in fact, some ISOs become slightly smaller when decompressed. Things vary from game to game, though, so... I think it should work. If you want to be completely sure it would work before burning it, try it on an emulator. PCSX2 works just fine.
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

gadesx

• View Profile
    • Gadesx scene
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 08:34:30 am »
You can rebuild a iso from files with Xpert 2

Quina

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 06:28:08 am »
@Clippit: Yep, of course I said that tool works that means the new ISO can run normally with pcsx2.
@gadesx: gadesx? Is that you?
I know you bro.