News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Porting a Gameboy game to NES  (Read 7831 times)

Spooniest

• Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
Re: Porting a Gameboy game to NES
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 06:33:14 pm »
The romhacking.net drinking game...every time somebody comes along and suggests something impossible, you drink
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 07:58:32 pm »
The romhacking.net drinking game...every time somebody comes along and suggests something impossible, you drink

Quote from: The Times, 6 months from now
Members of a hacker community that can not be named for legal reasons appear to have staged an elaborate suicide pact, the method was elaborate and ultimately culminated in cirrhosis of the liver.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 12:41:55 am »
The controls for one. In the chinese pirate they are absolutely terrible.
Okay, so... Why not ask that friend of yours who knows a lot about programming and the inner workings of old game systems and computers to have a look and see if he can fix the controls? Assuming he has the time.

Tracking down the problem and attempting to fix it just might end up being a teensy bit easier than porting a game from scratch.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

ginbunbun

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 02:42:47 am »
Okay, so... Why not ask that friend of yours who knows a lot about programming and the inner workings of old game systems and computers to have a look and see if he can fix the controls? Assuming he has the time.

Tracking down the problem and attempting to fix it just might end up being a teensy bit easier than porting a game from scratch.
I already have. He never has time to do anything like that with his job. He works full time as a computer programmer. I only ever get to talk to him once in a while.