News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: How to achieve SMB2J's "Mario Game/Luigi Game" options in SMB1?  (Read 2305 times)

FlyingFire64

• View Profile
How to achieve SMB2J's "Mario Game/Luigi Game" options in SMB1?
« on: September 26, 2014, 09:37:53 am »
I've seen some hacks on this site, like Mushroom Nightmare for example, that have SMB2: TLL's "Mario Game" and "Luigi Game" instead of "1 Player Game" and "2 Player Game", but I'm pretty sure all of those hacks have newly designed levels. I don't really want to redesign the old levels and insert the old graphics, so is there a way to achieve the "Mario Game" and "Luigi Game" title screen options from SMB2: TTL?

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003, baby!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: How to achieve SMB2J's "Mario Game/Luigi Game" options in SMB1?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 01:47:14 pm »
Use this patch, it'll give you the option to choose Mario or Luigi in the title screen. And you can still design levels and put in new graphics after you put in the patch if I remember right. try it on a test ROM first... ^_^

Any of the fellas here feel free to upload this patch to the site, I'd do it but I'm so busy. I gotta head out right now. :D

FlyingFire64

• View Profile
Re: How to achieve SMB2J's "Mario Game/Luigi Game" options in SMB1?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:00:58 pm »
Use this patch, it'll give you the option to choose Mario or Luigi in the title screen. And you can still design levels and put in new graphics after you put in the patch if I remember right. try it on a test ROM first... ^_^

Any of the fellas here feel free to upload this patch to the site, I'd do it but I'm so busy. I gotta head out right now. :D

Wow! Thanks! Never thought I'd hear help from THE Googie.