News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Rock5easily\'s Rockman 6 editor not working

Started by Synnae, September 22, 2014, 09:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synnae

Hello. I'm trying to edit some stuff on vanilla Rockman 6 with Rock5easily's editor but the program NEVER saves my changes. To prove it, look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7babAh3Dig

As you can see, I did a quick palette swap on Blizzard Man's stage. I simply changed the blue background to red then saved the modifications. Then I loaded the modified rom but the changes weren't saved at all. It's still looking exact the same as vanilla.

What can I do to fix this issue? Has anyone gotten this program to work at all?

September 23, 2014, 04:26:48 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Bumping because I found this information on the readme file:

[パレット]
3~5までとは格納方法が異なるため、現時点では編集を行っても保存時には反映されません。
コンボボックスで「パレット定義0,1」を切り替えると、それぞれステージクリア前後のパレットでマップを描画します。

Apparently it's saying something about the program having trouble to save palette-swaps because the save method is different from Rockman 3-5. Seems to be also saying how to fix it, but I can't read it very well. Can someone translate it?

kuja killer

-----------------------------------
Palette
When preserving it even if it edits it now, it is not reflected because the storage method is different from 3-5.

It draws in the map with the following palette before the stage is cleared respectively when "Palette definitions 0 and 1" is switched in the combo box.
------------------------------------

I dont know what that means for that editor though exactly since i personally dont use any of the japanese editors but...

http://postimg.org/image/fempei87d/ - megafle can edit palettes perfectly just fine, this example when i changed the blue sky in Windman, to pink, saved on the editor, closed it, reopen, and it's just fine

Synnae

I tried megafle but it doesn't work with Rockman 6 (the Japanese version) it only works with the American one.

I also tried megafle with some other Mega Man but it seems rather complicated for a beginner like me. I really don't know exactly what I need to do to change palettes, etc. Rock5easily's stuff looks much simpler to me despite being in Japanese and actually gets the job done (except with Rockman 6.......)