Help with Editing the X/Y positions of a psp game text

Started by omarrrio, September 12, 2014, 08:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omarrrio

Hi, i just wanted to know if there is anyway i could use the GE debugger in the psp Emulator PPSSPP, to find and edit the X/Y values of some text, it's been 3 days going through instructions in the Disassembler to no avail, the game is pretty much Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6, i already have Tag Force 5 both eur and jap, but i can't get anything done by comparing instruction paths between the two.

FAST6191

Are you looking for line spacing or absolute positioning (probably start positioning as most things are calculated from there in most games/systems)?

Anyway I am not so familiar with the PSP architecture, normally you would have to figure out if the text was on a BG layer (the suggested/usual method), a sprite layer (technically worse but common enough) or in this case I guess also a 3d texture (the PS1 had this) and figure out the font drawing routine that operates on them. On very rare occasions you might have position defined in the format but such things are usually the domain of higher end subtitles or speech boxes.

omarrrio

Hi FAST, so yeah, it's pretty much line spacing, but as you said, the start position gives a base calculation to the line spacing itself, i can't find anything related to the text by debugging in and following it's instructions, and i am not so familiar with the GE Debugger in ppsspp, so i thought maybe someone could point the obvious here :s thank you for your answer.