News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Chrono trigger ff7 question  (Read 2039 times)

wolfokami321

• View Profile
Chrono trigger ff7 question
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »
So to put it simple id like to change crono's color palette to cloud strifes colors, if not his whole sprite to something like this

I don't really care about Marle (although it would be nice to change her hair black) or lucca but it bothers me bad that i cant change Crono's hair or sword...

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
-I have tried editing the palettes directly in tile molester and the changes never saved
-Next I tried to use SnesPal to change the individual colors, I COULD NOT FIND ASS FROM ELBOW

Can someone explain to me in English how to find/change his hair color, or tell me what Crono's Palette address is?

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger ff7 question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:17:29 pm »
Crono's palette is at 0x240000, Marle's immediately follows it at 0x240018. You should be able to figure out which color is his hair in SnesPal, but I don't know off hand.

The weapon palettes start at 0x114B00 - Which one gets loaded depends on the weapon currently equipped.

I got this data using Geiger's Chrono Trigger Database, found in the documents section.
Mauron wuz here.

wolfokami321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 03:24:13 pm »
Thanks alot!  :)

also why hasn't anybody built a sprite editor for chrono trigger like they did for ff3/6 would be sooo handy

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 11:29:40 pm »
There is this

Once the graphics are properly inserted, it can mess around with how they're assembled.
Mauron wuz here.