News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI/III RAM Hackery Voodoo Magic Questions  (Read 6025 times)

Celice

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VI/III RAM Hackery Voodoo Magic Questions
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 06:00:46 pm »
I'm really glad to hear that. Thanks for sharing. I haven't been able to catch any of your streams live but I try and watch some of the reups on Youtube when I get a chance.

Tomato

• View Profile
    • Legends of Localization
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 02:11:09 pm »
The other day I finally finished playing through Final Fantasy VI T-Edition - it was an amazing hack, and it was cool having a lot of fellow ROM hackers from RHDN and elsewhere in the chat over the weeks and months!

If you missed any of it, it's all up on YouTube here - it's well over 100 hours of Final Fantasy VI goodness:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8fufren85t94MkcXjmHHj7PkKiAaGA12

Also, thanks to everyone who helped with the RAM hacking stuff - it made the playthrough a lot more fun and informative!

dn

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 03:32:18 pm »
I looked into translating it myself. The hack has changed immense amounts of code, moving a lot of things around and doing things no previous hack has done like expanding the inventory and monster list. I was hoping to simply insert ChrisRPG's work, but that isn't happening. It's going to be a job and a half just getting the menu working properly, and I don't have enough knowledge of the game (especially the Japanese version) to pull it off from scratch.