News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Working on Sonic 2 hack... Knuckles in Sonic 2 disassembly wanted.  (Read 1134 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Hello community.

I am currently working on a Sonic 2 hack that introduces Shadow The Hedgehog as a playable character.
Although, seeing as how much I would have to edit from Sonic 2 to add him completely (title screen, monitors, palettes, companion, ASM code for new abilities, etc.), I thought it would be so much better if I hacked him into Knuckles in Sonic 2.

That way I would only have to edit Knuckles' sprites (perhaps little to no palette editing due to his color scheme being similar to Shadow's, only add two or three colors) jump height, and then disable the gliding and wal climbing for a Jump Dash and a Homing attack.

Problem is that I don't have a Knuckles in Sonic 2 disassembly to work with, and can't find one so far.
I found one in Sonic Retro but that one has a ASM68K file that seems to close up as soon as I open it.

Can anyone here provide me a good Knuckles disassembly to work with?
I already have all the other stuff to start working on that one instead of the original Sonic 2.

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro