News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SotN Level 1 saves:  (Read 2269 times)

TimeCop

• View Profile
SotN Level 1 saves:
« on: June 04, 2014, 06:54:50 am »
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s469pc

These aren't romhacks, but these are saves which have Alucard at level 99 with level 1 stats. There are two memory cards, one for US and one for JP versions. Each will have three saves:

1. Highest possible level 1 stats.
2. Lowest possible Level 1 stats
3. Luck Mode stats with 0 Luck

Gameshark codes work with 1.0 of the JP version of the game, and 1.0 memory card saves are compatible with 1.1 and 1.2 versions of the game as well.

You can learn more about these saves here:

http://archive.foolz.us/vr/thread/1649195/

Since SotN romhacking is going nowhere, this seems to the closest to any kind of "challenge" or difficulty romhacks for SotN.

Of note, is that there are some differences between the NA and JP versions of the games. Many are already documented, but I seem to have noticed that it's much easier than the NA version. Around the Inverted Castle there is a big difficulty spike where enemies do huge amounts of damage. In my play through enemies did not seem to be doing much damage at all. I doubt that my armor was THAT good. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on the enemy stat changes from the NA and JP versions.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:44:50 pm by TimeCop »

VoltageControl

• View Profile
Re: SotN Level 1 saves:
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:19:13 am »
Some guy started an ASM hack but decided to rebuild the entire game from scratch in GameMaker Studio.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 10:20:39 am »
I was able to obtain enemy stats years ago when I was retranslating SOTN and can assure you they are identical among versions.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 11:26:01 am »
Is it possible the formulas for using those stats were changed? I doubt it, but it is a possibility.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 06:47:45 am »
It's a possibility I did consider, but Igarashi didn't change much between regional builds, other than stuff related to text and bug fixes, so it's more than likely just something related to stats in general rather than code doing different calculations.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

TimeCop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 09:50:01 am »
Guess I'm wrong then. I did a Level 1 playthrough with the NA version and I found it a bit tough, especially the inverted castle. I did another playthrough recently, with a Level 1 Luck mode (with no luck) in the JP version, and found it rather easy. After you get the Damascus Sword you can start dishing out damage. I think I just got better at finding and setting up Alucard. I did make sure to get a lot of map coverage and use the Walk Master armor.

His end-game DEF is 58.

Some guy started an ASM hack but decided to rebuild the entire game from scratch in GameMaker Studio.

I know about that. I don't think he's ever going to finish. And for the effort he's doing, he might as well just make an original game. I don't think it's the right way.

SotN can be made more challenging by manipulating the stats in enemies, player stats, equipment and item placement. Keep it simple.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:01:38 am by TimeCop »