News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: YYCHR Help-Final Fantasy IV (II US)  (Read 1437 times)

Pingurules

• MUGENite
    • View Profile
YYCHR Help-Final Fantasy IV (II US)
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:30:08 am »
I've tried editing the sprites in the game I am making by editing it in YYCHR. However the C++ version is in gibberish and that I have no idea what the options are (maybe incompatible with my computer which is an ultrabook), and the C# version works fine for options but when I open both they have a really weird palette which I can't figure out how to fix.  :banghead:
I know a little about hex editing but I just started like 5 April 2014, and I know it has to be 6 digits but no matter what option I pick when I go to the hex address for character spriting it shows 8 digits! Mind if you guys provide some assistance to a n00b?  :thumbsup:

Screenshots:
C++ version:
wat

C# version:
Seems okay...

Both versions:
HOW DID IT
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:41:26 am by Pingurules »
Pingu rules!

puzzledude

• View Profile
Re: YYCHR Help-Final Fantasy IV (II US)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 01:58:08 pm »
First of all. Get this version of YY-CHR:
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4307

there are some other vital programs in there, that you can ignore.

On the palette issue. The default palette is always false. You need to play your game in ZSNES, and make some ZST savestates. Usually this is done, when you see a sprite (that you want to edit) on-screen.

Now open YYchr, load the decompressed gfx in it (usually a bin file) and then go to Palette/Emulator state load and select the ZST savestate. Now press the down-arrow button to change all the available palettes with this savestate (if your sprite was on-screen, than one of the palettes is completely accurate to your sprite).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:03:25 pm by puzzledude »

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
Re: YYCHR Help-Final Fantasy IV (II US)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 09:06:10 am »
Hola por alguna razón avast me detecta el link como virus por eso te paso este otro que ya viene traducido al ingles por defecto (pase la traducción directamente al exe con el ResHacker) http://www.bwass.org/bucket/yy-chr20120407_en.7z