News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Snake's Revenge - Change Snakes Color/Remove Side Scrolling  (Read 1312 times)

Mikh

• View Profile
Snake's Revenge - Change Snakes Color/Remove Side Scrolling
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:19:46 am »
I don't know about you guys but growing up i was an actual fan of Snake's Revenge. Now I know most people have three problems with this game.

1. No Kojima.
2. Snake's in a Red/Pink Jumpsuit.
3. Side Scrolling Stages break the Metal Gear stealth.

If you ever played this game and compared to the first Metal Gear on the NES it's an actual good game and a fit sequel. I'm curious would you guys
give it a chance if I changed Snakes color palette and either take out the side scrolling stages or replace them with new rooms?

If so any suggestions on what tools I would need to make this happen or anyone who would like to help?

side note: I believe if these small corrections are made this would be an awesome game and maybe could redeem it's self.

Scio

• View Profile
Re: Snake's Revenge - Change Snakes Color/Remove Side Scrolling
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:53:48 am »
Since you want to remove a portion of the game (side scrolling), you'd better use an emulator with a built-in debugger (FCEUX SP has it) to find the code to that part, remove it, and repoint it to somewhere else. Don't think this will be easy, it's not just click, click and it's done.

You can change Snake's sprite to his MG1/2 one with any tile tool. I recommend Tile Layer Pro.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:13:20 pm by Scio »