News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

SNES Audio Streaming code

Started by gauveldt, April 01, 2014, 10:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furrykef

What license do you wish to use for this code?

gauveldt

I thought I had license info in there...
If I didn't I'll go with LGPL 3.0 (it would nice to see any improvements people make to these routines in the future).

furrykef

Yeah, the zip doesn't have any copyright info in it. If you want an LGPL notice then I need to know what name I should use for the copyright holder.

Actually, instead of (or in addition to) putting it on github, it might make more sense to submit it to the RHDN database if you haven't already. If you want it on github, I think it'd be better for you to put it up there yourself... it's not too hard (GitHub for Windows is easy to use, for instance) and that way any pull requests (where people request to integrate their changes with your code) would go to you instead of me.

gauveldt

Quote from: furrykef on August 13, 2015, 03:05:53 AM
Actually, instead of (or in addition to) putting it on github, it might make more sense to submit it to the RHDN database if you haven't already. If you want it on github, I think it'd be better for you to put it up there yourself... it's not too hard (GitHub for Windows is easy to use, for instance) and that way any pull requests (where people request to integrate their changes with your code) would go to you instead of me.

It has a github home now.  I've also changed the link in the original post.

PS: Romhacking won't accept a database post (tried as "Tech Demo").  Says screenshots are required and I don't have any and I use first person descriptions which are prohibitied so github will have to do unless some lawyer out there (IANAL)  is better with romhacking's red tape and can get the file on there within the rules (can write descriptions of wikipedia article quality and generate screenshots from emulators).