News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translation request  (Read 2471 times)

Blank_User

• View Profile
Translation request
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:29:25 pm »
hello,

is it possible to request a game translation on this site. if it is possible. i would like to ask for translation of the two games in ps1. the games are black matrix 00 and black matrix cross. thanks

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
Re: Translation request
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 01:10:36 pm »
Hey,

I assume the right place is there:
http://www.romhacking.net/helpads/
Buit in general you would want to:
- show what you can do, what info you can provide, what backup / help / support you want to provide. This place is about people who try to help people who put in some effort in general. ;)
- excite people about these games! And provide info you may have that may help in the translation. BMZ already has a partial patch, you could tell more about this for instance. Or if you know places where translated text exists (not inserted in the game), etc.

It takes a whole ton of effort to translate a game (BMZ is a strategy RPG, this is likely a multi-years project...)

These are just my 3 cents.
Enjoy your stay! ;)

Black

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »
Hey,

I assume the right place is there:
http://www.romhacking.net/helpads/
Buit in general you would want to:
- show what you can do, what info you can provide, what backup / help / support you want to provide. This place is about people who try to help people who put in some effort in general. ;)
- excite people about these games! And provide info you may have that may help in the translation. BMZ already has a partial patch, you could tell more about this for instance. Or if you know places where translated text exists (not inserted in the game), etc.

It takes a whole ton of effort to translate a game (BMZ is a strategy RPG, this is likely a multi-years project...)

This information is all correct, but you're assuming the OP is asking for help working on these things, and not just asking for someone else to do everything entirely. For that, there's this link.

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:56:31 pm »
A little OT :

The problem with this link is that it has become a more or less complete list of games that haven't been translated.

For example, while learning Genesis hacking, I went to this page to find a project I could start as an exercice, and couldn't make my mind as to what would be the most useful to the community.

It'd be interesting to have a system to sort the most wanted translations for each system.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »
This information is all correct, but you're assuming the OP is asking for help working on these things, and not just asking for someone else to do everything entirely. For that, there's this link.

Thanks Gideon & tryphon! I did not realize there was such a nice (huge...) list available. ;) BTW - how does one go about adding to it?

But I also wanted to recommend to "Blank_User" to actually try and do something, to help muster energies towards a goal. ;)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 01:48:18 am »
Indeed. The previously given link is the only place translation requests are permitted.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018