News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: looking for torneko/taloon translation guide thing  (Read 1819 times)

breadbin

• View Profile
looking for torneko/taloon translation guide thing
« on: March 13, 2014, 05:41:49 am »
hi all, im new here to rhdn. am looking for a translation for torneko on the gba from japanese to english. i have looked and i can't see a translation anywhere but i do remember seeing a guide faq or something before maybe a couple of years ago. i can't for the life of me find it now but it was just a document in japanese and english which just translated the menus and items etc to help you play the game.

if someone could help me find it, it would be great. it might also spur me on to start a translation of the game. thanks in advance

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: looking for torneko/taloon translation guide thing
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 06:27:18 am »
2 or 3? The first in the series was SNES only but both sequels also appeared on the GBA in various forms.

The usual suspects (though most of those will have sent it to gamefaqs) do not seem to have done anything for this game, however there may be something in the Dragon Quest fan/hacking community and I do not tend not tend to follow that.

I did not look to see if there was a translation walkthrough or anything for the PS1/PS2 versions of each of those, or a dump of the PS1 game's NA script I guess.

breadbin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 02:06:11 pm »
its Torneko no Daibouken 2 Advance which i hear is just a remake of the PS1 game i have called the last hope. i have spent hours and hours playing the last hope but it didn't ring any bells. didn't realise the ps2 version was also ported to the gba until now! but seeing as the ps2 version is also only japanese it wont do me any good.

i might have to play the last hope and the gba versions at the same time see if i can't work something out.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 06:14:29 pm »
Ripping a translation works OK if it is PC to home console or console to console or some similar combo, console to handheld can be more tricky, especially one with screen resolution/size as limited as the GBA was; even going between the GBA and DS has been harder than you might expect. You could probably get the broad themes and I would always encourage the would be hackers to look at such things in those cases but in the end it will probably be easier to translate it assuming the home console line did not exist.