News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Sci-fi weapon translation  (Read 2480 times)

megatron-uk

• View Profile
    • My videogame database
Sci-fi weapon translation
« on: March 21, 2014, 06:35:37 pm »
I've done most of the weapon names and descriptions in Cyber Knight, but I'm having trouble with this one:

This is the name: アンチプロトンビ‐ム
The description is: すべてを はかいする はんようし ほう

I've been using this fan site for details: http://ifs.nog.cc/aracnizauls.hp.infoseek.co.jp/CyberKnight_Hangar/CyberKnight_Module.html - but it doesn't appear to have this particular item listed... any ideas?

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
Re: Sci-fi weapon translation
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 06:57:00 pm »
Antiproton beam: General purpose cannon that destroys everything
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 07:21:17 pm »
I've done most of the weapon names and descriptions in Cyber Knight, but I'm having trouble with this one:

This is the name: アンチプロトンビ‐ム
The description is: すべてを はかいする はんようし ほう

I've been using this fan site for details: http://ifs.nog.cc/aracnizauls.hp.infoseek.co.jp/CyberKnight_Hangar/CyberKnight_Module.html - but it doesn't appear to have this particular item listed... any ideas?

That's an "Anti-proton Beam", as it was called in AGTP's translations.

megatron-uk

• View Profile
    • My videogame database
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 08:34:14 pm »
Thanks - that was the last one in the list; all of the starting weapons, missiles and fields have now been done and reinserted. The 'hidden' upgrade weapons have been done too, but I'm not that far into the game where I can check them yet :laugh:

Now working on 'items', enemy names and battle screen text/menus. At this point it should be perfectly possible to play the game normally without guessing any menu options - they've all been converted, including the mecha edit screens (what a lot of menus and options!).

Story/gameplay dialogue hasn't been touched yet, but it's all straightforward formatting unlike most of the ship screens, so has much less in the way of control codes and double height characters to mess around decoding.
I wish I had the dumped and converted SNES script for that part though - doing short phrases, item/weapon names and menu entries was always going to be the easier bit. Actual story needs to be handled carefully to avoid it being turned into a nonsensical mess.