News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV: Combat Boost! (0.19) (88% Complete)  (Read 83552 times)

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Remember that some people like to rename Kain, so you might want to trim that message down, Grimoire LD. :)

True I can change it to "Kain: It won't heed me!" Or something like that. It will save those precious bytes.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
Thanks for the heads up on the Catalyst. I was this close to using one on the map earlier today haha.

Just Updated to 0.17.  I decided not to bother going into the cave until I had two thief knives. After two or so hours I finally  achieved my goal, and got all kinds of other awesome rare stuff in the process. Best things I found were 2 Power Stones, 2 Chemist Rings, and  bunch of rare/powerful arrows. Also saw the dragon three or four times. I don't think I've ever had so much fun fighting stuff in the first area haha.

Kain and Cecil are level 22 and 21 respctively, and enemies are still doing high enough damage to keep me on my toes. It's awesome. I figure since Kain isn't in the party half the time, and Cecil turns into a Paladin and goes back to level 1, that now is a good chance to farm like crazy and not kill the fun of the challenge later on. :D

Though at two points of running around with dash on fighting countless battles for the fun of it, the game would slow down after a fight was over. At first I thought it might be the emulator, but opening the menu refreshes the scene and everything goes back to normal, smooth-as-butter goodness.

All in all, I'm hooked so far. I'll let you know how things go once I actually go somewhere story-wise. (aiming to get that dragon in Mist Cave next.)
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Thanks for the heads up on the Catalyst. I was this close to using one on the map earlier today haha.

Just Updated to 0.17.  I decided not to bother going into the cave until I had two thief knives. After two or so hours I finally  achieved my goal, and got all kinds of other awesome rare stuff in the process. Best things I found were 2 Power Stones, 2 Chemist Rings, and  bunch of rare/powerful arrows. Also saw the dragon three or four times. I don't think I've ever had so much fun fighting stuff in the first area haha.

Kain and Cecil are level 22 and 21 respctively, and enemies are still doing high enough damage to keep me on my toes. It's awesome. I figure since Kain isn't in the party half the time, and Cecil turns into a Paladin and goes back to level 1, that now is a good chance to farm like crazy and not kill the fun of the challenge later on. :D

Though at two points of running around with dash on fighting countless battles for the fun of it, the game would slow down after a fight was over. At first I thought it might be the emulator, but opening the menu refreshes the scene and everything goes back to normal, smooth-as-butter goodness.

All in all, I'm hooked so far. I'll let you know how things go once I actually go somewhere story-wise. (aiming to get that dragon in Mist Cave next.)

Sounds like good news indeed. Those Chemist Rings are next to invaluable I would say. Interesting to see you only have 2 Power Stones, yet 2 Chemist Rings. Power Stone is the Uncommon Drop from lots of foes whereas the Chemist Rings are the Rare Drops from the FloatEyes (and other varied monsters throughout the game).

Oh right! Something I don't think I've had an NPC say in the game anywhere. Arrows deal x4 Damage to Beasts. This applies to all Arrows except for the Pearl Arrows.

I'm glad to hear things are going very smoothly, yes Thief Knives are wonderful and if used correctly can be utilized to great effect. Not sure what could be causing that slowdown though. Finding the Dragon in the Mist Cave is just a slight side-objective I wanted to give the player an actual taste of Dragon Speak without having a hand-holding tutorial about it. I think that putting a beatable dragon in the Mist Cave was probably the best way to go about it.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
At Fabul now. Got killed during the multi-battle, so messing and seeing what I can steal. :) Got the Bomb summon, which id the first time I've ever seen it haha. Been trying to get a cockatrice summon next, but so far no luck.

Only bit of annoyance so far was how Edward has the starting starts of a 4 month old when I first got him, but after some leveling he's good. He's actually useful to me with his support abilities and being able to swap out his harp for a theif knife after a buff.  Which is great, because if this were vanilla he'd be just running off like a pussy while an 8 year old and a Dark Knight fight giant sandworms.

Quick question: what does the Seeker knife do? At first I figured it was a scan casting weapon, but usually when the animation plays it's on a killing blow. I also thought at one point it was like a stronger theif knife, as the "The Weapon Glows Bright!" message that plays half the time I get a cast in on the theif knife pops up. Now my theory is that it makes rare items more likely to appear, or something.

Speaking of which, The Theif Knife - sometimes when a character steals, a low amount of damage is dealt to the character attacking. Like say Kain steals with the knife -does 48 damage to an imp and a 1 dmg pops up on him, then he takes 2 damage. It's happened a couple of times, twice with Tellah, 2 or 3 times with Edward. Hasn't happened to Cecil yet, though.

Rosa feels improved with her Hunting abilities. Though I've been stingy and not equipped any of the good arrows I've gotten. Feels almost like a waste to use my Yoichi arrows at this point, even if it jacks Rosa's attack to 67 paired with the crossbow. especially when I can wait til I get her back, and can launch them at Valvalis' face with a Great Bow. :D

This was all tested on PSP, as I've been too lazy/forgetful to move my save to the Wii. Also, the PSP snes emulator can read text docs, so I've got the gear list on hand at a moment's notice!
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
At Fabul now. Got killed during the multi-battle, so messing and seeing what I can steal. :) Got the Bomb summon, which id the first time I've ever seen it haha. Been trying to get a cockatrice summon next, but so far no luck.

Only bit of annoyance so far was how Edward has the starting starts of a 4 month old when I first got him, but after some leveling he's good. He's actually useful to me with his support abilities and being able to swap out his harp for a theif knife after a buff.  Which is great, because if this were vanilla he'd be just running off like a pussy while an 8 year old and a Dark Knight fight giant sandworms.

Quick question: what does the Seeker knife do? At first I figured it was a scan casting weapon, but usually when the animation plays it's on a killing blow. I also thought at one point it was like a stronger theif knife, as the "The Weapon Glows Bright!" message that plays half the time I get a cast in on the theif knife pops up. Now my theory is that it makes rare items more likely to appear, or something.

Speaking of which, The Theif Knife - sometimes when a character steals, a low amount of damage is dealt to the character attacking. Like say Kain steals with the knife -does 48 damage to an imp and a 1 dmg pops up on him, then he takes 2 damage. It's happened a couple of times, twice with Tellah, 2 or 3 times with Edward. Hasn't happened to Cecil yet, though.

Rosa feels improved with her Hunting abilities. Though I've been stingy and not equipped any of the good arrows I've gotten. Feels almost like a waste to use my Yoichi arrows at this point, even if it jacks Rosa's attack to 67 paired with the crossbow. especially when I can wait til I get her back, and can launch them at Valvalis' face with a Great Bow. :D

This was all tested on PSP, as I've been too lazy/forgetful to move my save to the Wii. Also, the PSP snes emulator can read text docs, so I've got the gear list on hand at a moment's notice!

Eh? This actually works on system emulators? Well that is welcome news to me!

Ah, the Item Seeker Knife actually uses a command that no character has. When it is used it increases the enemy's default drop rate from 5% to 25%! (Hence the name Item Seeker) and there are a few mini-bossish enemies around that have a 25% drop rate so that would increase it to 100%! Your initial thoughts weren't too far off in many respects.

Using the Thief Knife can sometimes cause very low damage to the user because it is just the Steal command which has always had that stipulation.

Rosa is one of my favorite characters in my hack oddly enough. Which is odd because I was never that keen on her personally (unlike Cid who I personally doted on and wanted his role improved). Bows are just fantastic and her equipment setups can be so varied to be a capable spellcaster or an Arrow-flinging Huntress. She absolutely murders any Beast-type foes with Barrage.

The Cockatrice Summon is the 1/32 drop from the Cockatrice, which are rather taxing opponents at times due to their propensity to Petrify on hit, I wanted two of the summons as Steal only and the other two to be a lucky gain.

Yes, Rosa doesn't really need that much power at the start so you shouldn't have to worry about using them (unless you're doing something crazy like trying to hunt for the Silver Dragon on Mt. Hobbs!)

What is your equipment setup? Did you pick up any interesting weapons or armors here or there and has it helped you in your progress?

Well as for news on the mod itself. I've been putting together two entirely new dungeons in the Underworld which will address the lazy plotting of "4 Dark Crystals? Golbez already picked them off the ground. Sorry." and adds story pertaining to these crystals which I think works overall with the setting.

I've also gotten a couple more bug reports (and an embarrassing one I should have remembered) and because of that I will soon be releasing v0.18. This patch will also alter some equipment and spell powers in fairly meaningful ways as far as stats are concerned.

DracoSerge

• View Profile
Ah, the Item Seeker Knife actually uses a command that no character has. When it is used it increases the enemy's default drop rate from 5% to 25%! (Hence the name Item Seeker) and there are a few mini-bossish enemies around that have a 25% drop rate so that would increase it to 100%! Your initial thoughts weren't too far off in many respects.

Does that apply to Dr. Lugae as well? I have to use an Item Seeker knife for him to drop the key to advance the plot?

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Haha! No, no. I gave the Lugae Key through the event rather than wasting a precious Item Table on keys. Though in fact I may just get rid of most Key Items somewhere down the line since they don't do anything but take up inventory slots that you can't remove. They can be mentioned in dialogue, but in most cases (Aside from the Magma Key, Rat Tail, Adamant, Pink Tail, and Frying Pan) they're just purely plot . This will give me more room for custom events that could require these key items slots because I am just about out at this point.

As a little aside the Item Seeker Knife does not actually work on enemies that have an "Always Drop" rate set for obvious reasons.

January 19, 2015, 02:30:35 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
UPDATE!

It seems I still have found a way to screw up Valvalis' AI Routine for when you use magic the game locks up (because of a faulty AI routine on my part) this behavior has been fixed. In addition you will no longer be able to Poison or Sleep the Dark Knight at Mt. Ordeals as this can cause bugs.

This patch also balances several spells. Virus has had it's power lowered as has Quake as to not be an absolute go-to choice even when elemental weaknesses is an option (Though Virus does still retain it's x4 Weakness to anything with a x4 Weakness)

The Headband's Strength bonus has been reduced to 3 and has had its price increased to 2000.

The Ranger Armor now gives +5 to Agility, Vitality, and Will and resists Beasts and Blind.

You can actually obtain the Catalyst now in Mt. Ordeals rather than a Potion.

The Astro Observatory door in Agart no longer leads to the hidden dungeon.

Black Chocobos should now appear properly in a New Game in the Chocobo Stable.

The Encounter Rate has been reduced in the hidden dungeon

You may now use Exit in the hidden dungeon (I know well the pain of gathering an item and then being struck down by a powerful foe which cannot be run from)

Final Fantasy IV: Combat Boost! v0.18

Thanks to DracoSerge once more for his bug reports! It has helped make this project more stable.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:35:54 pm by Grimoire LD »

Tristal

• View Profile
Hi Grimoire LD,

First I'd like to say thank you for your effort making this hack, I've greatly enjoyed the challenge.

However, the challenge spikes a little too hard at the Magus Sisters... specifically, trying to attack them at all softlocks the game.

There's also a pretty huge bug when trying to enter the Serpent Road; upon entering, the event for the Tower of Zot entrance happens, and you're transported there, complete with dialogue from Cid and Yang who aren't even in the party at this point.  I was able to work around this by leaving the tower, which gives you an airship a bit early... so I went through the Serpent Road in reverse, warped BACK to Troia, grabbed a black chocobo, flew to Baron and finished the plot normally.

I would love to wander around a bit with Cecil/Tellah/Twins and see what happens in the Tower of Zot plot items... who knows, maybe Cid or Yang is softlocking the game at the Magus Sisters and it's the author's intention to glitch past Cagnazzo  ;D

January 22, 2015, 06:43:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Upon further testing, it looks like it's a problem with one of the sisters' battle scripts.  I dragged the Twins up the Tower and it still softlocks, even without inputting a command.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:43:05 pm by Tristal »

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Hi Grimoire LD,

First I'd like to say thank you for your effort making this hack, I've greatly enjoyed the challenge.

However, the challenge spikes a little too hard at the Magus Sisters... specifically, trying to attack them at all softlocks the game.

There's also a pretty huge bug when trying to enter the Serpent Road; upon entering, the event for the Tower of Zot entrance happens, and you're transported there, complete with dialogue from Cid and Yang who aren't even in the party at this point.  I was able to work around this by leaving the tower, which gives you an airship a bit early... so I went through the Serpent Road in reverse, warped BACK to Troia, grabbed a black chocobo, flew to Baron and finished the plot normally.

I would love to wander around a bit with Cecil/Tellah/Twins and see what happens in the Tower of Zot plot items... who knows, maybe Cid or Yang is softlocking the game at the Magus Sisters and it's the author's intention to glitch past Cagnazzo  ;D

January 22, 2015, 06:43:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Upon further testing, it looks like it's a problem with one of the sisters' battle scripts.  I dragged the Twins up the Tower and it still softlocks, even without inputting a command.

...That doesn't sound normal... not at all! Let me check these out quickly!

It's completely normal on my end. The Serpent Road is working correctly and everything

... Softlocking on the Magus Sisters? Well I thankfully have a file right before them so let's see what's happening there...

It sounds like it could be an issue with the ROM you have... I can attack them without issue and their AI Scripts look and act correctly. Could you send it to me so I can observe if it is the ROM or maybe something deeper that I might have missed?

I do like how a "difficulty spike" is apparently softlocks though, haha!

Tristal

• View Profile

...That doesn't sound normal... not at all! Let me check these out quickly!

It's completely normal on my end. The Serpent Road is working correctly and everything

... Softlocking on the Magus Sisters? Well I thankfully have a file right before them so let's see what's happening there...

It sounds like it could be an issue with the ROM you have... I can attack them without issue and their AI Scripts look and act correctly. Could you send it to me so I can observe if it is the ROM or maybe something deeper that I might have missed?

I do like how a "difficulty spike" is apparently softlocks though, haha!
Yeah, it's thoroughly possible my ROM is bad.  Check your PMs.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
I just got to Serpent Road and it's working fine for me.  I like how it's now a dungeon!  :crazy: Those Mad Mages are tearing my ass up, so I think it's time I gave in and give the twins some bows. Up til now they've been my theif and seeker, while Cecil buffs and Tellah tears enemies apart with the Doom sword.  Tellah and Cecil's setups are epic in this. Never thought I'd take a harp to zombie fight lol.

EDIT: Noticed a couple things while I was playing late last night.

1: while training on the overworld outside Mysidia, there was a battle or two where Porom's turn would not come up, even if I skipped through everyone else's turns for over a minute. Character layout during those fights were:         Palom
                       Tellah
                           (empty)
                       Cecil
                            Porom

2: Over the course of many times going back and forth between Serpent Road and the Inn in Mysidia, upon returning to Serpent Road I got into a battle where the map music continued playing instead of the battle music starting. Didn't get to see if the victory theme would play, as I was killed off by a Mad Mage.

To be honest though, I really liked the map music continuously playing during that fight, and wish it were that way for normal battles in dungeons in gerneral (outside of boss fights).

3: Gil drops are low in Serpant Road. I like this. I get about enough gil while fighting in there to ensure I can shag ass to the Inn without breaking the bank, but I won't be a gillionaire by the time I reach Baron because I farmed for items in Serpant Road like crazy.

4: I kind of wish I could still buy antidotes. They seem to be the one item I'm sorely in need of. But then, the moment I figure out which monster I can shank one out of, I'll be good to go anyway haha.

On that note, I'd like to praise you on how you've got your looting system set up. It reminds why I love to play Diablo 2: being able to kill shit and maybe, just maybe, finding some epic stuff. Love it.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:04:45 pm by Bahamut ZERO »

chillyfeez

• View Profile
I might have the answer to Palom's turn not coming up issue, Bahamut ZERO.
It was recently brought to my attention that when a ROM is patched with my User Options (which Combat Boost is), if you choose the Twin command, then cancel during the Target Select, then skip your turn (with X), the other twin will never get his/her turn.
I recently updated the readme file to acknoledge the bug. it's pretty minor, but unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it. What I did discover is that if you select then cancel Twin, then select and cancel Fight, then skip your turn, the bug won't occur.
Hope that helps clear up the mystery there.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

Recklessly Impressionable

• View Profile
On that note, I'd like to praise you on how you've got your looting system set up. It reminds why I love to play Diablo 2: being able to kill shit and maybe, just maybe, finding some epic stuff. Love it.

Damn, sounds almost too good to be true :D

So much good stuff keeps getting added that i think i'm just gonna wait for the final release, but seriously, Grimoire is kicking ass right now

Digitsie

• View Profile
How -does- twin work in code anyway? Does it automatically set a flag on Palom or the other twin when one casts it? What flag is being used?

Tristal

• View Profile
I just got to Serpent Road and it's working fine for me.  I like how it's now a dungeon!  :crazy: Those Mad Mages are tearing my ass up, so I think it's time I gave in and give the twins some bows. Up til now they've been my theif and seeker, while Cecil buffs and Tellah tears enemies apart with the Doom sword.  Tellah and Cecil's setups are epic in this. Never thought I'd take a harp to zombie fight lol.

1: while training on the overworld outside Mysidia, there was a battle or two where Porom's turn would not come up, even if I skipped through everyone else's turns for over a minute. Character layout during those fights were:         Palom
                       Tellah
                           (empty)
                       Cecil
                            Porom

2: Over the course of many times going back and forth between Serpent Road and the Inn in Mysidia, upon returning to Serpent Road I got into a battle where the map music continued playing instead of the battle music starting. Didn't get to see if the victory theme would play, as I was killed off by a Mad Mage.

To be honest though, I really liked the map music continuously playing during that fight, and wish it were that way for normal battles in dungeons in gerneral (outside of boss fights).

3: Gil drops are low in Serpant Road. I like this. I get about enough gil while fighting in there to ensure I can shag ass to the Inn without breaking the bank, but I won't be a gillionaire by the time I reach Baron because I farmed for items in Serpant Road like crazy.

4: I kind of wish I could still buy antidotes. They seem to be the one item I'm sorely in need of. But then, the moment I figure out which monster I can shank one out of, I'll be good to go anyway haha.

For the record, it wasn't obvious to me either how to buy Antidotes.
Spoiler:
When the item shop person asks you "Would you like Sundries?", say no.

I've finally gotten past the Magus Sisters now (with a BIG assist to the equipment FAQ earlier in the thread pointing out a certain piece of +15 Wis equipment), though it's going to be sad losing my source of easy XP (Underflowing Tellah's MP for Meteo).

Grimoire, You had mentioned the Zot key previously; is this no longer a thing?  I got the Magma Key but didn't get a Zot key.  I think I know where the Zot door is, too.

January 25, 2015, 12:04:20 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Question: Does the patch end at the Underworld, or do I need to grind more?

January 25, 2015, 09:07:59 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, I'm still encountering the bug where shooting the penultimate arrow overwrites somebody else's weapon.

January 25, 2015, 02:09:10 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And after all the trouble getting a Ranger key, the lady in front still just wants an EchoHerb.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:09:10 pm by Tristal »

Grimoire LD

• View Profile

Tellah
                           (empty)
                       Cecil
                            Porom

Thanks for the feedback Bahamut ZERO. I was away for a couple of days so I didn't see these until now.

1. As mentioned Chillyfeez is looking into the issue and it was brought to my attention as well and though I took a brief look I couldn't figure out what had gone wrong.

2. ...I think I may have originally planned for that... no, I did not, haha! It's with the Lamia formation that it is set to play the original music. You may be onto something though. I love the music in FFIV, but I do rather dislike that after Every battle it restarts. It is quite annoying and I do love several of the lesser heard tracks (Underworld being one of them which I used for the Serpent Road). Maybe I'll go through the formation and just set some randomly to play the field music for the fight. I don't want to get rid of the default FFIV Battle Music after all, hehe. But no, the Victory Theme would not play in such a case. One thing I always enjoyed about FFII is the victory screen, the party goes running off as if there is no time to celebrate this small victory and I think that makes a great deal of sense. That would be neat to eventually introduce into FFIV someday possibly.

3. Gil drops are generally low all around. Originally the Inn in Mysidia was 200 Gil, it was Chillyfeez who convinced me to change that to 50 which is much more reasonable. Serpent Road does have a lot of nice items to pick up, mainly from the Flayers. They have a fantastic steal item, a chance for the Mage summon, and a good robe which you otherwise wouldn't get for quite a while.

4. Tristal mentioned how you get the Item Shop to access the second shop which sell all Status Healing Items... I think I'll have the lady in the Baron Item shop point this out and change a tutorial person for it.

The looting system is one of my favorite aspects of Combat Boost. It gives grinding a much greater purpose, without feeling fruitless. With the rarest drop being a 1/32 instead of 1/64 makes an enormous difference I find. I also tried to have each table contain a unique item or give an item which the player wouldn't normally see for a very long time.

I am very glad to see you enjoy that aspect of it Bahamut ZERO!

Also some tips for dealing with the foes in the Serpent Road...

The Aura Spell that Tellah and Palom have allow the target to deal x4 damage to certain enemy types depending on the Caster's Wisdom. You only need 20+ Wisdom to allow Aura to also deal x4 Damage to Mage Types.

Not to mention Piercing Sight can create weaknesses for these foes that can be exploited by Tellah and Palom.

I was also considering having the Blacksmith in Mysidia create Star Pendants instead of RubyRings... but I decided against it and thought RubyRings as a little more essential to have lying around.

Damn, sounds almost too good to be true :D

So much good stuff keeps getting added that i think i'm just gonna wait for the final release, but seriously, Grimoire is kicking ass right now

Well that loot system has been in place since the very first release, hehe. Thank you for the compliment though, there will probably be a few tweaks here and there, especially with bosses (to make them more dynamic) but the Overworld is basically finished by this point.

How -does- twin work in code anyway? Does it automatically set a flag on Palom or the other twin when one casts it? What flag is being used?

In theory *selecting* Twin shouldn't Do anything. What the command itself when activated does is lock down both Twins with the Twincasting Status and the Twin in the middle slot (or Palom)  uses their Wisdom to base the spell on. That's really it. It's a remarkably simple command, surprisingly it's what it's doing under the hood of the basic command which is throwing us off currently.
For the record, it wasn't obvious to me either how to buy Antidotes.
Spoiler:
When the item shop person asks you "Would you like Sundries?", say no.

I've finally gotten past the Magus Sisters now (with a BIG assist to the equipment FAQ earlier in the thread pointing out a certain piece of +15 Wis equipment), though it's going to be sad losing my source of easy XP (Underflowing Tellah's MP for Meteo).

Haha! One of my intentions with Combat Boost was to actually make the player from a gameplay standpoint, miss Tellah from thereon out because when you lose Tellah you lose the means to ever use Dark Swords again. I think I will have to rebalance Tellah to make him more usable in the front row to give him that desired effect (the ability to Curse en masse with Dark Omen and kill instantly with the Deathbringer is lost with Tellah as well). Can't quite fix that Underflow glitch yet though but if you're having fun that's all that matters.

Grimoire, You had mentioned the Zot key previously; is this no longer a thing?  I got the Magma Key but didn't get a Zot key.  I think I know where the Zot door is, too.

There is no Zot Key in the current version. I meant the Babil Key when I referred to Lugae a while back. The Zot Key was an early plan incidentally to allow the player to revisit the Tower of Zot originally but since I put most of the enemy's of Zot into the secret dungeon it's not too necessary any longer.

January 25, 2015, 12:04:20 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Question: Does the patch end at the Underworld, or do I need to grind more?

January 25, 2015, 09:07:59 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, I'm still encountering the bug where shooting the penultimate arrow overwrites somebody else's weapon.

January 25, 2015, 02:09:10 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And after all the trouble getting a Ranger key, the lady in front still just wants an EchoHerb.

The patch currently ends in the first trip to the Underworld, you will be thrown right in front of the ?crater? which currently leads to Kokkol's House, but that's where a new area will eventually be located which will progress the story.

I... somehow think you got an earlier version, since I just checked in this version and saw that it requires the Ranger Key and the Arrow glitch is fixed as well...

Were there items you could access in the Serpent Road or the challenge dungeon? And did you find any Catalysts along the way?

Tristal

• View Profile
I found plenty of Catalysts and the secret dungeon, which I completed.  I never bothered giving Tellah a Dark Sword; especially in the Cecil/Yang/Cid/Tellah party, are you really supposed to put someone else in the back row?  (I suppose if you find a DwarfAxe early enough.)

Roughly the only things I haven't completed in the game are getting all the Dragon magics and figuring out what the door in Cid's house is about.  That door goes away after you complete the secret dungeon, I wonder what's up with that.

One more bug to report is that the Frozen Key never seems to go away after it's used.

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
I found plenty of Catalysts and the secret dungeon, which I completed.  I never bothered giving Tellah a Dark Sword; especially in the Cecil/Yang/Cid/Tellah party, are you really supposed to put someone else in the back row?  (I suppose if you find a DwarfAxe early enough.)

Roughly the only things I haven't completed in the game are getting all the Dragon magics and figuring out what the door in Cid's house is about.  That door goes away after you complete the secret dungeon, I wonder what's up with that.

One more bug to report is that the Frozen Key never seems to go away after it's used.

Oh geez! Let me tell you what that "door" is in Cid's House. It's a Sleeping Bubble that I forgot to remove. (All Sleeping Bubbles were turned into Doors purely because I was lacking in NPC's by that point).

How careless of me! I thought I got them all...

I am not sure why those glitches are still occurring for you though in regards to the Arrow Glitch and looking at the file right here she does require the Ranger Key... hmm...

There is a workable way to have Tellah in the front row and Cid in the back. Using Cid's Homing Machines you can place him in the backrow and have him deal full damage with that as it increases his accuracy to 255 and in the back that would be cut to 127 but he should most be guaranteed a hit.

Frozen Key doesn't go away, hmm? If I were smart I would have built that into the event itself *grumble, grumble...* Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm a little surprised I missed that too.

Dragon Magics are much easier to get a hold of if you have some Sirens (which you can steal from Bosses) without them though it's a bit of a hard time looking for them.

Tristal

• View Profile
Oh geez! Let me tell you what that "door" is in Cid's House. It's a Sleeping Bubble that I forgot to remove. (All Sleeping Bubbles were turned into Doors purely because I was lacking in NPC's by that point).

How careless of me! I thought I got them all...

I am not sure why those glitches are still occurring for you though in regards to the Arrow Glitch and looking at the file right here she does require the Ranger Key... hmm...

There is a workable way to have Tellah in the front row and Cid in the back. Using Cid's Homing Machines you can place him in the backrow and have him deal full damage with that as it increases his accuracy to 255 and in the back that would be cut to 127 but he should most be guaranteed a hit.

Frozen Key doesn't go away, hmm? If I were smart I would have built that into the event itself *grumble, grumble...* Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm a little surprised I missed that too.

Dragon Magics are much easier to get a hold of if you have some Sirens (which you can steal from Bosses) without them though it's a bit of a hard time looking for them.
I'm curious then, what item is that door looking for? Not that I expect there to be anything behind it.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the next version of the game.  The Calbrena/Golbez fight is usually one of the toughest fights in a normal run so I'm curious to see what you come up with, not to mention what happens to the other two Dark Crystals.

I would highly encourage you to disable Warp in King Giott's room, or perhaps not give it to Rydia at all.

DFA

• 0xDFA
    • View Profile
    • http://echostorms.net
the thread says Final Fantasy IV, and the first post says unheadered ROM required...but I'm having trouble finding the correct ROM to patch.

Can i get the hash code for the required ROM and possibly more details.

I get the title screen to appear but then the emulator reports "BAD ROM" and no main menu.