News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database

Started by RHDNBot, February 13, 2014, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Streetwize

Quote from: mrrichard999 on February 15, 2014, 06:30:09 PM
I was just reading the review on this one. I guess low blows are definite no nos on Shao Kahn :P Hopefully this one gets some work on it. It could be really awesome!
You can low blow Shao Kahn. You just can't press down and Low Punch using him. To be honest, that move has always been the most broken move in the game by repeatedly doing it over and over, even on UMKT.
Also, MK2 Jade is immune to ALL projectiles, which is why I thought Quan Chi was underpowered. He's actually a complex character that I feel could possibly be broken with eight moves and what seems to be the ability to act immediately from getting up.

The quality of UMKT was acceptable because it was back in 2007/2008. I wish I knew why this game was a step back not in content, but in stability.

TheUnderfaker

Quote from: Dragon5 on February 15, 2014, 10:54:38 PM
I wish I knew why this game was a step back not in content, but in stability.

Less content is because the hack is not by KABAL_MK but by another romhacker called SMOKE.
so it must have been his attempt at creating an UMKT hack, though it seems he stopped in 2012.

So yeah, someone might wanna edit the credits thing to say Smoke instead of Kabal_mk.  :)

Kiyoshi Aman

Quote from: TheUnderfaker on February 18, 2014, 02:18:14 AM
Less content is because the hack is not by KABAL_MK but by another romhacker called SMOKE.
so it must have been his attempt at creating an UMKT hack, though it seems he stopped in 2012.

So yeah, someone might wanna edit the credits thing to say Smoke instead of Kabal_mk.  :)

Someone like...you, maybe? Everything on RHDN is user-editable.

M-Tee

Haven't tested these for quality, but hacks like these boat race and bicycle race ones are right up my alley.

TheUnderfaker

Quote from: Kiyoshi Aman on February 18, 2014, 03:44:59 AM
Someone like...you, maybe? Everything on RHDN is user-editable.

doh! didn't notice I could edit (despite the enormous button being right there).

I changed it to Smoke now.