Well, I am posting this message without any hard feelings, but rather just disappointment from Team-Nemo's part.
As some of you already know, I am working with my team on the Ace Combat 3 game to translate it into English, Spanish and Italian. We are currently not collaborating with Team-Nemo, we are two separate different teams. Nonetheless, I published my ac3-tool
, which is needed to compress some of the game files, to help Team-Nemo out, since they had no way to recompress the game's data.
Yesterday, when I discovered the original game's script and I tried to track down the source, I stumbled across the Twitter account of Team-Nemo and I also saw their recent announcement about a *BGM fix*.
In January we sent out a test patch to our testers, the patch in question contains the fix mentioned above. Unfortunately, because of a genuine mistake, the link for the Italian patch was available to everyone on a Discord server, for quite some hours. I managed to remove the link later on, but anyone could have downloaded it. It's not a big deal if someone were to download the patch before its official announcement\release, as long as its contents would be used appropriately.
Few days after the link has been posted, Team-Nemo announced the following on their Twitter account (here few copies for future reference
...and then they announced that they managed to "finalize" the fix:https://twitter.com/ProjectNEMO_/status/1361951242889682949
Yesterday I checked the fix, and with disappointment, I found out the code used in Team-Nemo's fix is identical to ours, which was written by our team member, SolidSnake11. I tried to contact the team by sending them a private message. But, alas, I discovered that both I and SolidSnake11 have been recently blocked from Team-Nemo’s Twitter account (we have no idea as to why we have been blocked in the first place).
I have not seen any contact information on their website and the only place I knew where I could try to reach them out, is romhacking.net.
Today, however, I found out that the file has been removed from their Twitter page. Nobody got in touch with us and there is only a very vague explanation of what happened. There aren't many people working on this game, they choose to not contact us for any clarification, we would be very grateful if we could at least know how our files were obtained.
Their release contained a README file:
____ ____ ____ ____ ____ _ _ ___ ____ ___ ____
|__| | |___ | | | |\/| |__] |__| | ___|
| | |___ |___ |___ |__| | | |__] | | | ® ___|
____ _ ____ ____ ___ ____ ____ ____ ___ _ _ ____ ____ ____
|___ | |___ | | |__/ | | [__ |__] |__| |___ |__/ |___
|___ |___ |___ |___ | | \ |__| ___] | | | |___ | \ |___
BGM fix for missions 27 and 29
This BIN file changes the background music for Mission 27 "Claustrophobia" and Mission 29 "Betrayal" to the tracks listed in the Direct Audio.
Mission 27: Mind Flow -> Defiled
Mission 29: Mind Flow -> The Execution
=== === ===
1) Download CDMage
2) Open your AC3E Disc 1 image file, then click on "Track 1"
3) Right-click on ACE3.BIN, then click "Import" and select the ACE3.BIN file from this download.
=== === ===
I tried to reach out @VDINST_Rythus to comment the incident, I am sure he will help us and shed some light. Now Team Nemo are blaming their "anonymous" source, as if they didn't know where it came from. Next time, please, drop us a message first.
I don't want to sound too harsh for this incident, we all have a life to carry on and there is no reason to fight over any videogame, however, at least we want an explanation and apologies from Team Nemo.