News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Question about Laplace no Ma (Laplace´s Demon) translation  (Read 3244 times)

DougRPG

• View Profile
Question about Laplace no Ma (Laplace´s Demon) translation
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:16:27 am »
Hi, I want to play this game but the translation is reported as incomplete (seems that the menu is buggy). So, someone knows if the game is playable? The script is 100% translated?
I didn't find much information....

Hey Gideon, this is a 2001 translation, so 13 years later probably you have the knowledge to fix this game very quickly, right? Or are there some nasty problems to overcome? Do you remember something about this translation?

Thanks

VicVergil

• View Profile
Re: Question about Laplace no Ma (Laplace´s Demon) translation
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:33:06 am »
1: You could try it yourself to find out the answer
2: This is not really the place to do translation begging. HERE.

DougRPG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:47:09 am »
1: You could try it yourself to find out the answer
2: This is not really the place to do translation begging. HERE.

Ok, now sit there and shut up.
This is a "Rom Hacking Discussion" session. Do not try to dictate your rules here.

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 12:08:38 pm »
Oh. Nice. You bothered to read the sub-forum's name.
Did you see this sticky thread then? It's from 2008, before I even joined this site or was remotely interested in translating/hacking stuff.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,6734.0.html

I could try and put more effort in a witty reply, but I'd rather grab some popcorn. I know how these threads end usually*, and by being rude you're not doing any favors to your case.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:23:02 pm by GHANMI »

DougRPG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 01:48:24 pm »
Hey GHANMI, don´t spoil the topic, please.
I´m not begging for the translation, because it´s already done.
I´m asking if someone played the game to give me an overview of the translation and if it´s really playable to the end. I could play the entire game myself (like you suggested), but I (and other people) can save time if someone tell me that the translation is broken somewhere later in the game (for example).

And I´m not begging to Gideon, because I´m not asking him to fix the game. I´m trying to gather information about the problems. He worked in this game 13 years ago, and maybe the problems are easy to fix, so with this information I, or someone else, could fix the problem and send to Gideon (because he is the translation owner). Maybe 13 year ago he was unable to fix the problem, but now he could give us some information that allow us to fix the problem.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 05:03:41 pm »
You're both right - on one hand, I don't generally appreciate getting poked about projects I'm working on; on the other, the response has been more than a little harsh.

As far as Laplace goes, internally most of the more serious issues were fixed a few years ago. That said there are a few left, mostly relating to text ordering in combat and expanded item names. Further, the script is a little dry and needed to be edited however, and while I started on that, I've gotten sidetracked every time I pick it up, and then it's hard to remember context for the stuff I haven't done etc etc. I've been joking the last few years that I wanted it out on Valentine's day because what better way to celebrate than with some Lovecraftian horror, but there usually just isn't enough time between the Christmas rush and mid Feb.