News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

CASTLEVANIA BLOODLINES ALPHA

Started by pulse_project, January 26, 2014, 11:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pulse_project

¡Hola a todos!

Lo siento si os hablo en español pero la verdad, es que mi inglés es muy malo... ¡Espero pues que me vais a entender!

Quisiera exponer aquí un proyecto muy ambicioso que se me ocurrió hace unos días ; espero os guste e interese.

Bueno, sueño con fabricar una versión ALPHA del Castlevania Bloodlines para Megadrive/Genesis a partir de la famosa rom Beta 0.5 (que es muy rara y sin terminar) y de la Beta euro (que es fácil de encontrar en Internet y que tiene la ventaja de tener un principio y un fin).

El problema, es que no sé programar ni modificar roms ni nada... Por eso estoy buscando a rom hackers motivados, dispuestos a ayudarme a concretizar este proyecto titánico para luego compartirlo con la comunidad.

¡Un saludo!

Zynk

QuoteHello everyone!

Sorry if I speak in Spanish but the truth is that my English is very bad ...I therefore hope that you are going to understand me!

I would like to explain here a very ambitious project that occurred to me a few days ago, I hope you like it and interested.

Well, I dream of making a ALPHA version of Castlevania Bloodlines for Megadrive / Genesis from the famous rom 0.5 Beta (which is very rare and unfinished) and the euro Beta (which is easy to find online and has the advantage have a beginning and an end).

The problem is I do not know programming or changing roms or anything ... So I'm looking for rom hackers motivated, willing to help me realize this huge project and then share it with the community.

Greetings!
If you can't type in English, you can always use Google Translate even though its not very reliable to translate 100%.

pulse_project

Okay, thanks!...  ;D Well, I own the rom of the 0.5 version of Bloodlines, with new sprites and levels. But it's veeery incomplete : they are a lot of bugs and missing platforms, for example.

I would like to build an Alpha version of the game from this early prototype and from the euro Beta, which is more complete. And so, I'm looking for hackers who could help me in this project !

tryphon

And what are YOU proposing to do in this project, except bringing the idea ?

pulse_project

Well, first, I own both roms. And remember that the 0.5 version is ultra hard to find. Next, I have planned all the structure of the new game. Unfortunately, I don't have the technical knowledge to realise the project...

tryphon

Did you get the rom from a French ?

pulse_project

No, I didn't.

tryphon

Mmmh... That(s not I don't want to believe you but...

to my knowledge, there doesn't exist dump of this game (but the screenshot you show comes from an emulator, so you have a dump).

Googling a little, I found a recent post where a French guy says he has acquired this game, will dump it and send the dump to a spanish catridge-maker in order to sell them.

Then you come, in a discutable way, saying basically : "Hey, I've a rare game! Complete it for me!'.

So you'll undersand there are presumptions you're not quite honest.

VicVergil

The assets from the prototype cart could be added to the final bug-fixed version: I mean the level design and tiles. Especially since there are loads of people interested in this particular incomplete demo, because it has some extra levels.

But the ROM needs to be shared for starters publicly for that to even happen. You can see that the work on completing Resident Evil 1.5, Resident Evil GBC, Starfox 2, Earthbound Zero and more recently Mr Nutz 2 and a Lufia prototype only begun when the rare prototype was published... Since it can't really start unless with as much competent programmers/hackers as possible on board. I'm sure with all the Castlevania hacks around there, at least there is someone who'll be interested with what you have and take a look on it.

Since you can't post ROMs here, you could make an ips patch from comparing the official US version (as the original ROM) and the prototype version you have (as the modified file), and simply post the ips patch here. In this case, there are two prototypes so two ips files.

furrykef

Quote from: Zynk Oxhyde on January 26, 2014, 09:52:20 PM
If you can't type in English, you can always use Google Translate even though its not very reliable to translate 100%.

No. Let them type in their native language if they don't speak much English. If they use Google Translate (especially without telling us) it can easily cause misunderstandings, potentially very bad ones. If we can read their original text we can at least figure out when this has happened and, hopefully, what they intended to say.

IMO the best thing would be to post both in Spanish and English, with the English clearly marked as being produced by Google Translate or whatever tool was used.

pulse_project

Hi guys,

If you want to own a copy of the 0.5 version of Bloodlines, it's now possible !

(link removed)

tryphon

The seller is the French guy I wrote about.

So you're actually dishonnest, and a liar.

pulse_project

I'm not. I didn't get the rom from a French... I AM the french guy who owns of the rom !

tryphon

Alors tu aurais mieux fait de poster ton premier message en français.

SteveMartin

This is interesting and all, but you'd have to share the ROM. Otherwise how exactly can anyone help you? I'm also a little confused what you want to accomplish. If you want to fix the prototype up to be the final game, just play the final game :p Or is it that you want to import all the beta elements into the final game?
Currently working on Moon: Remix RPG Adventure translation

MathUser2929

I could probably make a few codes to make the game more navigatable, if I can see what the flaws are. You need to post the ROM somewhere tho.

VicVergil

Well, at this point, after all the drama that has gone on here (it certainly wasn't the brightest idea to stir it even further), it's too late.
Don't expect any more replies from pulse_project.
This 1993 prototype (the famous one with the completely different stages) most likely won't be released.
Oh, and it was legit.
Anyone waiting for a release shouldn't hold his breath for it, until a potential next owner pops out.
Then, hopefully, if nothing goes awry, the next owner will be more willing to share it.

So here you have it.
You can lock this thread.

azoreseuropa

Quote from: GHANMI on January 31, 2014, 09:50:27 AM
Well, at this point, after all the drama that has gone on here (it certainly wasn't the brightest idea to stir it even further), it's too late.
Don't expect any more replies from pulse_project.
This 1993 prototype (the famous one with the completely different stages) most likely won't be released.
Oh, and it was legit.
Anyone waiting for a release shouldn't hold his breath for it, until a potential next owner pops out.
Then, hopefully, if nothing goes awry, the next owner will be more willing to share it.

So here you have it.
You can lock this thread.

You are absolutely right. Since, he wont share it. Then, that's fine. We hope that the next owner will be more willing to share the rom in the near future. Cheers.

tryphon

If he wasn't the actual owner of the rom (and I had strong suspicions about that), it wasn't legit, dot.

But I had a discussion with him in private, and I'm now convinced he was the owner. I even offered my help for his project, since I begin to have experience in Genesis hacking (but he has already found people).

If he wants to share either the ROM or the finished hack, he will. And I bet he will.

One day...

Zynk

So if he's French, why did he typed in Spanish in his first post, where he could type in French instead? ::)