News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I need a NES/Famitracker Music Composer to compose one song  (Read 1900 times)

RetroRain

• View Profile
I need a NES/Famitracker Music Composer to compose one song
« on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:13 pm »
I need a Famitracker Music Composer to take a one-minute and thirty-three second MP3 that I have and convert it to a NSF file by composing it from scratch in Famitracker.

The only reason I'm asking is because I don't know anything about music. And this is coming from someone who has spent some time messing around with Famitracker. I don't know the names of the instruments in the song and I don't know how to reproduce them in NES quality.

I need this one song made for a possible new NES ROM hack that I will be doing. I say possible, because I am still uncertain if I want to go through with it, but having this one song made to go along with the intro sequence will give me a better idea and the possible motivation I need if I want to pursue this project.

I figure any Famitracker music expert could compose this song no problem. The song is already made, so all you would have to do is convert it based on what you hear.

I will not disclose the project or game I'm hacking at this time, as it is very early in development (I have done a Code/Data Log playthrough of the game I may be hacking, so I know where all of the free space is in the ROM).

If you are capable of doing this for me, send me a PM, and I will send you the MP3 that has to be converted. In the meantime, while I am waiting, I will be attempting to try to convert this MP3 myself, although I am not confident that I will be successful. I will also be working on the intro sequence in the ROM.

This could wind up being an amazing ROM hack, that I expect very little development time. I'm estimating a 6-month develeopment period.

Thanks.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
Re: I need a NES/Famitracker Music Composer to compose one song
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:05:57 pm »
tl;dr You want someone to do free work for you, so you can maybe use it on a project you haven't even started, won't describe, and probably won't even do?