News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Hacks - Paladin to Dark Knight in-battle!  (Read 24355 times)

DrROBschiz

• View Profile
OK well I am pretty sure the Roms I am using to patch this are bad or something

Just made a new build and it bugged out the Rydia Cutscene

- DRGN is Rrgn for some reason
- Rrgn command is on Tellah

ANd the game crashes completely when I fight Tinymages leading up to the Kraken fight

I should note that I am using the 1.02 Project II hack as the base if thats causing the issue

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
...That is very likely the problem. This would require a clean patch, since it also uses Project II as a base but changes quite a bit with it the original changes may be overriding the newer ones (I saw this problem pop-up Far too often while trying to get the combo patch set up). I'll see what I can do though.

EDIT: Actually I might not have put this clear enough... the reason the Combo Patch and Project II won't work together is because the Combo Patch Uses Project II already as a base already. When you double patch a ROM with the same data twice things can get pretty messy... I think that might be the problem that's going on here.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:23:26 am by Grimoire LD »

Vanya

• View Profile
*various discussions about Geomancy*

Now I have no idea if this is plausible at all, but just to throw out an idea...
Thinking about it my ideal version of Geomancy for FF4 would be to give it 3 possible outcomes depending on whether the enemy group or the party is targeted.
This would be like an in-between version of the ability that has features from both the FF3 and FF5 versions plus a little bit of Mog.
1) On enemies: an offensive spell, single or multi-target depending on the spell.
2) On allies: a healing or support spell, single or multi-target depending on the spell.
3) And in both cases there is a chance that the command will fail
But as much as a throwback to FF3's Backfire would be, I think a wasted turn is risky enough for the player without also causing damage to the caster.

DrROBschiz

• View Profile
...That is very likely the problem. This would require a clean patch, since it also uses Project II as a base but changes quite a bit with it the original changes may be overriding the newer ones (I saw this problem pop-up Far too often while trying to get the combo patch set up). I'll see what I can do though.

EDIT: Actually I might not have put this clear enough... the reason the Combo Patch and Project II won't work together is because the Combo Patch Uses Project II already as a base already. When you double patch a ROM with the same data twice things can get pretty messy... I think that might be the problem that's going on here.

UPDATE: Yup that seems to all be sorted now. Ill have more impressions as I go.

I heard you plan on modifying the difficulty and monster sets right?

The combo patch already includes Project 2!!!

Son of a bitch! LOL Thanks for clearing that up!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:03:33 am by DrROBschiz »

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Now I have no idea if this is plausible at all, but just to throw out an idea...
Thinking about it my ideal version of Geomancy for FF4 would be to give it 3 possible outcomes depending on whether the enemy group or the party is targeted.
This would be like an in-between version of the ability that has features from both the FF3 and FF5 versions plus a little bit of Mog.
1) On enemies: an offensive spell, single or multi-target depending on the spell.
2) On allies: a healing or support spell, single or multi-target depending on the spell.
3) And in both cases there is a chance that the command will fail
But as much as a throwback to FF3's Backfire would be, I think a wasted turn is risky enough for the player without also causing damage to the caster.

That would require quite a bit of room, unfortunately. I did that with Twin originally actually (because a White Mage doesn't make much sense to be using pure super black magic) where Palom would use his normal spells if targeting foes but when targeting allies you would use a special kind of healing spell. Now there is enough free space to make that work... but at the same time I don't want Every character able to heal or buff the party. This command was made for Rydia after all who is plenty powerful as the normal course of the game would have her. And also FFIV's status buffs (without hacking...) are a bit on the limited side (Protect, Shell, Haste) and in addition are covered by the Sing command that Paladin Cecil can use while in the party.

Also 3 effects for each field type is... 3x18 or so which is... 54. 54 unique-ish abilities when FFIV is very strapped for abilities as it stands. It is a neat idea, but FFIV just doesn't seem designed for it, so I took the idea of its predecessor and just implemented it in that regard.

While Backfire (self destruction) is a bit harsh, it does also deal your remaining HP in damage to all foes, which could actually be situationally useful. I could always make it say "Nothing happened" which is a one byte change to make.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Unfortunately for FFIV it would be a little more trouble than its worth.

UPDATE: Yup that seems to all be sorted now. Ill have more impressions as I go.

I heard you plan on modifying the difficulty and monster sets right?

The combo patch already includes Project 2!!!

Son of a bitch! LOL Thanks for clearing that up!

Ah, well that's the thing. This patch is just a demo of the actual point of the patch. Right now I'm working on a project called "FFIV Combat Boost" which adds many of the new spell routines and all of the new enhancements I discussed earlier. And yes, this is all in preparation of making a difficulty+ patch. I like hardmode patches, but sometime they don't change enough of the base game to make it feel like a new experience. I want to make the feeling of "Yes, your foes Are more powerful, possibly even moreso than you, so utilize the new skills that you can bring to the table!"

So far I have managed to implement all of the new commands without issue (well there is one issue and that's with Cid's "Coat Hammer" ability. The game doesn't properly decrement the Graphic for the newly used item unless it is used, though it does still use the item. Not That big of a deal). Including Hunt, Elem(Weapon), Coat(Hammer), Advnc,

That patch will introduce Equipment based bonuses to abilities. Equipped with the Scholar Cap? Your items deal double damage! Have a Chemist's Ring on? Your HP Healing items now double in effect! Tired of how worthless Steal is? (though in this patch it will actually be capable of stealing the current "Mythic" item, needless to say Item sets will be reworked.) If you're lucky enough to find the Thief Glove you can use Mug! Do you want Kick to not be useless? Why not sacrifice a little defense (without Armor on the body kick deals double damage) to get that extra boost in Kick's power?

So while the patch out is nice, it's just a sample of what is meant to be an expanded game's strategic choices. There's still some room left and one free Command slot so if anyone has any ideas for it (I'm just about out, I'm afraid...) than feel free to let me know.

DrROBschiz

• View Profile
Awesome

That said after using the correct setup you gave me the game still has some breaking bugs

As of right now Minimages crash the game whenever they act. Not sure what the deal is here... :(

Any thoughts on Implementing

- A different Font
- Expanding the Rom for more space
- Adding Better description text for Items/Equipment

Thats all I can think of for now. I can try running from the minimage encounters and proceed with the testing.

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Minimage's crashing the game... I need to check this out then. Thank you for bringing this to my attention...

Whoa. That is one weird Crash, let me think on what the issue might be...

Well let's see... Counter of Hold against Fight, Hold was changed to Seal (-25% Magic Defense). Enemies casting these spells doesn't really work because the default system of FFIV, when you go to change equipment, initializes your stats. But why does it crash the game in such a manner? Well let me check my coding for it...

Hmm, I'll have to examine this further when I get back home.

Vanya

• View Profile
That would require quite a bit of room, unfortunately. I did that with Twin originally actually (because a White Mage doesn't make much sense to be using pure super black magic) where Palom would use his normal spells if targeting foes but when targeting allies you would use a special kind of healing spell. Now there is enough free space to make that work... but at the same time I don't want Every character able to heal or buff the party. This command was made for Rydia after all who is plenty powerful as the normal course of the game would have her. And also FFIV's status buffs (without hacking...) are a bit on the limited side (Protect, Shell, Haste) and in addition are covered by the Sing command that Paladin Cecil can use while in the party.

Also 3 effects for each field type is... 3x18 or so which is... 54. 54 unique-ish abilities when FFIV is very strapped for abilities as it stands. It is a neat idea, but FFIV just doesn't seem designed for it, so I took the idea of its predecessor and just implemented it in that regard.

While Backfire (self destruction) is a bit harsh, it does also deal your remaining HP in damage to all foes, which could actually be situationally useful. I could always make it say "Nothing happened" which is a one byte change to make.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Unfortunately for FFIV it would be a little more trouble than its worth.

I thought as much, but I was just throwing it out there.
I would be remiss if I didn't point one thing out, though.
It wouldn't have to be 54 different spells. Even the DS version of FF3 has ability overlap from terrain to terrain. In fact the only version of Geomancy that doesn't have overlap is Mog's Dances and they cheated anyway by having identical abilities with only differing palettes and names.
Either way, what you accomplished is significant and freakin' cool nonetheless.

DrROBschiz

• View Profile
I thought as much, but I was just throwing it out there.
I would be remiss if I didn't point one thing out, though.
It wouldn't have to be 54 different spells. Even the DS version of FF3 has ability overlap from terrain to terrain. In fact the only version of Geomancy that doesn't have overlap is Mog's Dances and they cheated anyway by having identical abilities with only differing palettes and names.
Either way, what you accomplished is significant and freakin' cool nonetheless.

Some other geomancy ideas

- Have equipment alter the success rate/damage.
- Just have 50% failure rate instead of instant death

I dunno I hate to beat on the same old drum. It does sound like you can have equipment have all sorts of modifications though!

Any plans to address the lapse in Item/Equipment description texts to account for these? The text seems to have a very low character limit however.... hmmmm

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
I figured out the issue while reading at school. The Swordskills use an Actual Animation write which is normally skipped over by monsters in ordinarily routines and for good reason! This is the cause of the freeze. All this means is that I'll have to rewrite the routine to include a look to see if it is a monster and if so to skip the animation write. Expect a patch fix in the near future. How careless of me not to think of that.

I do enjoy having Equipment have variable functions and Geomancy could stand to use something to help keep it's earlier spells (AirBlade, ColdMist) useful throughout. (they can be called randomly by later dungeons after all) I will need to think on that...

The failure rate currently is at 33% (maybe 35, I'd need to look it up) 50% I'd say would be far too much in any event. Though an item (weapon?) that would change the "nothing happened" into a second effect which could take place anywhere might be worth looking into...

How about this. "Mist Whip. Changes the "Nothing Happened" of Geomancy, into a free casting of the Mist Dragon."

Now I love Item descriptions. In a project I worked on long ago called FFT:Mercenaries (unfortunately I never finished it. Maybe one day I'll go back to it...) I have literal Stories for nearly every item's description. Likely inspired by Drakengard and FFXII to do so. Unfortunately FFIV's space likely won't allow me anything much really... I'm not 100% sure on the process of how much space there is or how to assign a certain description to a certain piece of equipment (graphics and printing are my weakest points when it comes to hacking.

My plan was to redo the Training Rooms and make all of the NPC's talk about the new stuff and what can be done with it all.

Thanks for the suggestions Vanya and DrROBschiz. I will try to take them into account moving forward.

EDIT: The problem has been fixed. Thank you for bringing it to my attention DrROBschiz, I must not have noticed it because I know attacking Minimages with Fight causes them to counter with Hold. I didn't think that it would cause these kinds of problems.

Here is the less buggy patch, now with added "nothing happened" for Geomancy instead of Backfire.

FFIV-Combo Patch

EDIT 2: In the end I opted not to go with the "Mist Whip" but the "Eidolon Whip" when you use Geomancy, Nothing Happened will be replaced by one of the three Elemental Summons, Ramuh, Shiva, or Ifrit.

EDIT 3: After finishing the Eidolon Whip I was hit with a sudden burst of creativity. I thought to myself "Whips were a great idea in FFIV but they were implemented So poorly. Why would anyone actually use these?! I know! I'll make each one summon an Eidolon!" So I set to it and in the process of doing so found out that my Magic Weapons Routine was pretty under-developed. It wouldn't display the graphics for the summon when used in this manner because of the animation cue that is being replaced by Fight. To handle this sort of thing I added to the routine, creating a conditional if a Summon is being used to load separate animations and to load the Magic Routine in full (necessary for Summons) and it now works great!

So now there are now new whips.

Impish Whip - On Hit can summon an Imp.
Bird Whip - On Hit can summon a Chocobo
Dynamite Whip - On Hit can summon a Bomb
Eidolon Whip - Used in Geomancy - Turns a failure into a Random Elemental Summon
GodTamer Whip - On Hit can summon Bahamut

And that solves my issues with feeling that Whips were useless, now they are situationally useful. Do you want that extra Wisdom from the Rods, or would you rather gamble a bit and hope for some Eidolon strikes with the Whips?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:35:18 pm by Grimoire LD »

Vanya

• View Profile
I would have settled for each whip changing failed Geomancy into specific summons, but this works too! :D

DrROBschiz

• View Profile

Testing Update Part 2

New Bugs encountered

- Octomaam fight was very goofy. Lots of weird display errors with damage display and lack thereof.. I would cast LIT and never see an animation/damage as if it never went off.

- Weird bug where when Edward 'hides" and an a weapon special activates the game freezes entirely. Ill need to replicate this freeze to see if its a persistant problem

So far so good! Back to where I was from a fresh restart and no bugs so far. I still need to get the Minimage encounter but Im sure you settled it

Couple notes

- Shadow Sword does Gradual Petrification along with Random Dark Wave. Is this intended? If it was its awesome that both a status effect and ability can be attached to a weapon!!!

- Geomancy Update is great so far. Air Blade seems a tad overpowered but maybe thats just because of the area and enemies I was fighting. The other spells (Tsunami and Coldmist) seemed balanced. I almost feel like you could go the FFT route where the Geomancy spells aren't super powerful (but still hit decent on weaknesses) but have a chance to add bad status.

- Looking forward to more equipment modifications! I would say that this game could use a big reduction of its redundant equipment and spells. Having 3 pieces of armor that have the same name and stat boosts is boring! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

- Wouldn't mind having every item have SOME sort of Item description as discussed before. Since your space is VERY limited it would require some clever Abbreviations/wording. I am sure we could come up with some type of system... or is this something we should push over to Vivify for Project 2?

Thats all I can think of for now. I might look into some of the difficulty hacks on here to see what other people have come up with. I doubt any of the difficulty mods are able to be patched in unless they refrain from having any edits that clash with yours.. which I highly doubt given the extensive work you have put in.

Ill have more as I go further!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:37:56 am by DrROBschiz »

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Sorry for the late reply! I just got electricity back today after that pretty terrible ice storm.

Testing Update Part 2

New Bugs encountered

- Octomaam fight was very goofy. Lots of weird display errors with damage display and lack thereof.. I would cast LIT and never see an animation/damage as if it never went off.

Wha? I'll have to check that out right away...

- Weird bug where when Edward 'hides" and an a weapon special activates the game freezes entirely. Ill need to replicate this freeze to see if its a persistant problem

That... leads me to believe I still have Auto-Hide as Advnc which wasn't supposed to be included in this demo. Does Edward have a Berserk graphic hit him instead?

So far so good! Back to where I was from a fresh restart and no bugs so far. I still need to get the Minimage encounter but Im sure you settled it

I know I handled That at least, haha!

Couple notes

- Shadow Sword does Gradual Petrification along with Random Dark Wave. Is this intended? If it was its awesome that both a status effect and ability can be attached to a weapon!!!

That is completely intended, but not for the reasons you may be thinking. This is still an error on my part that I had thought I fixed...

Here's the breakdown... the game's original "Gradual Petrification on Weapons" set up is glitched and broken, occasionally freezing the game in a normal playthrough. Clearly the product of not enough playtesting with the stupidly rare Medusa Sword. What my routine does is it takes the code that was there and uses a command skill based on the index of the weapon, if applicable. The message was supposed to be changed to "The Weapon Glows Bright!" to show that it was starting to activate the effect, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee the command of the weapon will go through, that's on a different RNG. Though yes, you can have a command and a status effect on the same weapon.

- Geomancy Update is great so far. Air Blade seems a tad overpowered but maybe thats just because of the area and enemies I was fighting. The other spells (Tsunami and Coldmist) seemed balanced. I almost feel like you could go the FFT route where the Geomancy spells aren't super powerful (but still hit decent on weaknesses) but have a chance to add bad status.

Ah yes, AirBlade is used on Mountains where it can find some of its greatest use since the Gargoyle's and Cockatrices are weak to Air elemental. For the most part every Geomancy effect is unique. Coldmist is a decently strong Ice Attack (maybe I could add Blind or something to it. )

- Looking forward to more equipment modifications! I would say that this game could use a big reduction of its redundant equipment and spells. Having 3 pieces of armor that have the same name and stat boosts is boring! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Agreed, FFIV's item system is way too basic... I currently have the Scholar Cap/Master's Headband/Thief's Gloves/Chemist Ring, but I need to do more with the idea if possible.

- Wouldn't mind having every item have SOME sort of Item description as discussed before. Since your space is VERY limited it would require some clever Abbreviations/wording. I am sure we could come up with some type of system... or is this something we should push over to Vivify for Project 2?

Thats all I can think of for now. I might look into some of the difficulty hacks on here to see what other people have come up with. I doubt any of the difficulty mods are able to be patched in unless they refrain from having any edits that clash with yours.. which I highly doubt given the extensive work you have put in.

Ill have more as I go further!

Hmm, yeah that's probably something to talk to Vivify 2 for. So far though the go-to editor for FFIV doesn't yet have those messages included. Which would in turn also show us how much actual space we have to use.

EDIT: Figured out the issue with Octomamm... Octomamm innately has a Ridiculous magic defense. 26 magic defense x5 Multiplier and (with the patch actually taking enemy evasion into account...) a 60% magic evasion. Which means that your chance of actually hitting Octomamm with magic at either Tellah's 16 Wisdom or Rydia's 10-14 Wisdom is Extremely low, the Magic Weapons bypass this, as you might imagine (no longer when the spell is used from the weapon through the item menu itself, however) Because the Magic Multiplier of Tellah at this point is... 2, you would have an astronomically low chance of actually getting through to the enemy. It would seem then that the original intention of the battle was to make him nigh invulnerable to magic attacks from cast spells (interestingly enough the manual mentions the Staff being able to cast Lit and Weapon Magic has a 100% chance of hitting regardless of any case (before this patch). Perhaps you were intended to use staves to hit him with Lit?

With Magic Evasion in play this makes battle items like Zeus's Wrath and all of that a Lot more valuable as they aren't effected by Magic Evasion.

EDIT 2: So, here is the problem with "Auto-Hide" I didn't plan for Edward to have Hide At All anymore and forgot to remove the "Auto-Hide" check meaning that if he gets into critical and hides, when his turn comes up the game will lock up because there is no Show command that replaced Hide as is ordered by the Hide command's programming...

A quick fix, the patch will be reuploaded (make a savestate or a save of where you currently are. This change should effect nothing in the current save files.) with that. Now That is careless of me not to notice that.

Alright. The new version is updated with the fix to Edward's Auto-Hide problem. He will no longer Auto-Hide, thereby crashing the game. I implore anyone who has downloaded the previous version to redownload it here.

FFIV-Combo.ips

EDIT 3: I took the remnants of Auto-Hide's code (since it no longer does anything) and turned it into an Armor Check. If the Armor Check succeeds the Paladin's Cover command will act like the DarkOmen (Dark Wave spell replacement) command.

This Armor is Odin's Armor (replacing Silver Armor, because Silver Armor is worthless) that you will receive when you defeat Odin. While wearing it Cover will act like DarkOmen.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:18:42 pm by Grimoire LD »

DrROBschiz

• View Profile
Awesome!

Working like a charm so far!

Picked up Rosa and Yang Without any issues. The only weird thing so far is that all of Rydia's Spells appear in the Call List.

Otherwise everything is running smoothly. Ill add more updates as I put more time into it!

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Yes... that was an attempted fix on my part to make it so Cecil could learn his spells and have them be in the Black Magic Menu. Unfortunately... that didn't work out. What I'll have to do... as odd as this will look, is give him the White Magic command for his Break Skills because they were originally white magic the game looks at them As White Magic and will only add them to the White Magic Spellbook, an annoyance, to be sure.

I am glad to hear everything else is going great.

A few updates on the next patch "Combat Boost!" Everything is going along very smoothly. Every ability now works to perfection and I even added an ability that is only activated with a weapon currently.

So the abilities in Combat Boost! currently are...

Fight (Now with Magic Weapons/Imbued Weapons)
Item (Now with Item Lore/Alchemy)
White 
Black
Call
DarkOmen - Dark Wave is now a Spell which deals good to great damage to all foes and inflicts Curse, at the cost of turning the Dark Knight into a Zombie for the rest of the battle. - Dark Knight Cecil
Jump
Dragon Speech - Enables Kain to learn spells from wounded Dragons. - Kain
Bardsong - Uses the Magic Spell of the Harp on all Allies and raises the Attack of Allies -Edward/Paladin Cecil
Advance - Increases attack power in proportion to your Strength, but lowers your Defense in that same proportion. - Cid
Item Lord - Uses the first usable item in your inventory to either split the item or have it deal its split damage to a single foe. - Cid
Hunt - Perhaps the largest change. When used on a Critically Wounded Beast (new enemy type in which there are currently 38 in the current build replaced, but also includes Reptiles) dependent on the level of the Beast and your luck you will receive up to 1/24 different items. This is necessary to receive Rosa's best equipment from a secret shop. - Rosa
Arrow Barrage - Shoots two arrows instead of one. This will increase to three arrows when Rosa reaches 40 Strength and four arrows when she reaches 60 strength. - Rosa
Focus -  Got rid of the defense dividers that occurred when used. Also allowed it to deal full damage to the back row. - Yang
Kick - When not wearing armor the damage from Kick will double. - Yang
Gird - When used, Yang's level becomes his defense. With the rare Master's Headband Speed is also added onto this. - Yang
Twin - Will allow free targeting. When targeting allies it will use a healing spell. When targeting enemies, normal Twin spells are used. - Palom/Porom
Elemental Weapon - Will randomly change the element of the equipped weapon into Fire/Ice/Bolt/Dark/Holy/Air/Absorb and any combination thereof. - Tellah
Coat Weapon - Will use the first item in your inventory. If it is a status healing item, the effect will reverse and apply the ailment to the equipped weapon. - Cid
Cover - Paladin Cecil
Geomancy - Will use a spell with a 40% chance of failure, dependent on battle background. When equipped with the Eidolon Whip the failure summons either Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh. - Rydia
Treasure Seek - Will increase your chance from receiving an item from an enemy type by 20%. - Weapon
Katana Soul - Uses the innate power of the Katanas to cast powerful magic. A 50/50 chance  the Katana may break upon use. - Edge
Steal - Steal's Success has been raised to 60% Base and he will steal the 1/64 chance item should he succeed. (making the actual rare item a 1/32 chance. A lot more reasonable in my opinion.) With the Thief's Glove a normal attack will be added as if Steal were Mug.
Ninja - New spell Taunt will make one enemy target Edge.
Regen - Now a spell, not a command.

And maybe a few more. Show no longer has any data associated with it, so I might want to make that into a command of some sort and the unused "Ran Away" command is still fully left intact. I'll have to think about that. But I think that most commands have been ironed out and have been worked and reworked till I got them where I wanted them.

Also there have been quite a few changes to weapons and armor, but those seem a bit droll to go through. (other than the part about certain equipment using commands and armor taking different properties, but those are already mentioned above in full) I thought people would be more interested in hearing about the commands, rather than the normal equipment
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:06:02 pm by Grimoire LD »

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Hacks - A Vision of what's to come!
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 02:24:05 am »
Have I ever been a busy bee! I have a few teaser images which will likely be implemented into Combat Boost (which in itself is seeing a mass transformation...)

Introducing my most extensive and elaborate hack yet!

Nothing special there...

Nor here...

Kain equipping the Knight Job

Kain's class changes to Knight!

As such his Commands now completely change!

Here is the job list...

I will release more information when I reach that point in development. All I have to say so far is that all of my rearranging, expanding of Command Routines, and Spell Routines are Vastly paying off!

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Hacks - Visions of what's to come!
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 08:22:22 pm »
Like the MP limit pic.  ;)

2Black2Strong

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 02:52:25 pm »
Woahhh at the jobs thing you got going on there! Are you planning on implementing that in your Combat Boost hack (Which I'm looking forward to! I hope it's going well!)

Also, can anyone get a hold of chillyfeez for me? I sent him a PM. I've been trying to demo his 'A Threat From Within' project, but can't figure out what type of rom I need to patch.

Keep up the good work everyone!

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 09:59:56 pm »
Sorry, 2B, I was at work. I replied to your PM.
Excited to hear your thoughts.
I'm working on rounding the next demo into shape, but I've got a little side ditty going on helping out with Namingway Edition. I can be easily distracted sometimes...
 :crazy:
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

pinkpuff

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2015, 11:28:28 am »
Looks awesome!

All that's left now is to change the text "Arms" to "Job".

Do you have any plot/flavor reasoning behind how the jobs work? If they're crystal shards like in FF5 you could use the crystal symbol for the job items...
Let's dance!