News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: G.O.D (SNES) as a project  (Read 13288 times)

Bongo`

• Hatred is an illness...I feel your pain.
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
G.O.D (SNES) as a project
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:51:52 pm »
  I have worked on this game in hopes that satsu would still be interested in translating it. I have gotten it to a state where a translator can pretty much translate and insert with little hacking support. That goes for the script at least. There is miscellaneous text dumped as well that can be inserted but it may require a little assistance. Although I have tried to contact satsu, thou seems to be either away, busy or no longer interested since the time byuu was helping out. Anyway, I don't want to post the stuff on "Abandoned" in case I decide to go with it. But if anyone is seriously interested, and able to deal with this beast ( which is text heavy ), I'll be happy to assist where I can. Good day!
R.I.P Rose Mary C. 11/20/1937 - 2/11/2007
Dynamic-Designs Over 30 years of video game experience!
Completed: Doraemon RPG, Fuzzical Fighter, Gulliver Boy, Just Breed, FEDA, Mystic Ark, Slayers ( Co-op ), Lennus-II
Current: Aretha-2 and many more...

sa♥tsu

• Back against the thin wall
    • View Profile
    • sa-two.yuudachi.net
Re: G.O.D (SNES) as a project
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 02:44:30 pm »
Sent you a PM. :V

skyrunner14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »
Oh man, I would LOVE to see this finally get the English fan-translation treatment! I hope you guys are able to work something out, because the result will be so worth it!

Bongo`

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 09:10:51 pm »
Oh man, I would LOVE to see this finally get the English fan-translation treatment! I hope you guys are able to work something out, because the result will be so worth it!
Yeah. I like the game. it plays OK for a HiRes game. a little slow with controls some times but it's a nice game.
Completed: Doraemon RPG, Fuzzical Fighter, Gulliver Boy, Just Breed, FEDA, Mystic Ark, Slayers ( Co-op ), Lennus-II

ze10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 07:49:57 am »
Oh goodie! I've always wanted to play that game in English! It seems to have an interesting plot! =D

midget35

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:39:19 pm »
I just wanted to say how excited I am that this translation could become a reality. Dynamic Designs is a great outfit and produces stunning translations. Best of luck and thank you to all parties!

Bongo`

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »
I just wanted to say how excited I am that this translation could become a reality. Dynamic Designs is a great outfit and produces stunning translations. Best of luck and thank you to all parties!
  We shall see what happens to this one. I talked to a few folks already and
I know a very skilled person could be doing this project if not D-D. Translation support is
very hard to come by these days. Stay tuned!

itoikenza

• https://www.irccloud.com
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 12:26:49 pm »
i am in no way fluent in reading japanese, but i can take a look see if you can ever provide a complete dump.

i use this book... http://books.google.com/books?id=Kjco6W_nGAAC&pg=PP1&dq#v=onepage&q&f=false

and this site... http://www.gokanji.com/cgi-bin/j-e/inline/kanji?SASE=/cgi-bin/j-e/inline/kanjidoc

and this program... http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/jwpce.html

hey... it works.

or maybe not, big problem, with compounds.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:18:10 pm by itoikenza »

Deets

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »
i am in no way fluent in reading japanese, but i can take a look see if you can ever provide a complete dump.

i use this book... http://books.google.com/books?id=Kjco6W_nGAAC&pg=PP1&dq#v=onepage&q&f=false

and this site... http://www.gokanji.com/cgi-bin/j-e/inline/kanji?SASE=/cgi-bin/j-e/inline/kanjidoc

and this program... http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/jwpce.html

hey... it works.
:|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Jonesy47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 05:51:12 pm »
Wanted to play this game for over a decade. I still remember reading the import snippet they had in EGM on this game. Seemed like a nice mix of earthbound (modern setting and cast) mixed with serious jrpg type elements.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 06:05:39 pm »
What is G.O.D.?
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 06:14:49 pm »
What is G.O.D.?

A guy with a grey beard who lives in the clouds.  :angel:
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »
A guy with a grey beard who lives in the clouds.  :angel:
I don't get it.  I meant what is stand for G.O.D.  And what kind of game they use?  RPG?  Platform?
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

ze10

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 08:21:40 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, G.O.D. stands for Growth Or Devolution... or something like that. It's a regular JRPG. I managed to waddle my way through the game without understanding what was happening, but by looking at the scenes, it seems to have an interesting plot.

On a side note, I just love how Bongo` seems to be working with many of the games I wish to play in English like this one and Bakumatsu Kouriden Oni II. :)

Jonesy47

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 12:09:57 am »
The Beginning "Cinema" + Random, cool looking gameplay
http://youtu.be/2Znvefvva6I

Intro Sequence of Gameplay (first two and a half minutes)
http://youtu.be/urvKncX4K-E

Random Sidenote: These videos, tracks from the soundtrack, and this random ass shit
http://youtu.be/dNPWRT8sa-U
may be the only traces of this game in alllllll of youtube. Thats crazy to me.

Wish i could find my old issue of egm with this having a little side blurb with screenshots...I also remember having a lot of faith that if it was mentioned in egm's import only section, it was probably worth playing.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 12:39:33 am »
If I'm not mistaken, G.O.D. stands for Growth Or Devolution... or something like that. It's a regular JRPG. I managed to waddle my way through the game without understanding what was happening, but by looking at the scenes, it seems to have an interesting plot.

On a side note, I just love how Bongo` seems to be working with many of the games I wish to play in English like this one and Bakumatsu Kouriden Oni II. :)
Other Japan RPG?  How many JRPG have?  I am pretty sure they are quite alot that they never translation.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 08:12:23 am »
G.O.D. might not be the best RPG on the SFC since the battle system and presentation is pretty generic, but the good plot and interesting setting make up for this. I really hope it gets translated at some point.

Vercalos

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »
Well, I'm unsure how this project is proceeding, but I'm always up for another JRPG I've never played before.  Also, this one seems to take place in a relatively modern era, which is somewhat of an anomaly for the time.  The only RPGs I can think of from that era that don't take place in either space or a medieval fantasy world are Horai Gakuen no Bouken(which has been translated) and EarthBound.  I suppose Terranigma counts too, eventually.  Secret of Evermore is a borderline example, given that technically, it does take place in a contemporary era, but the main character gets drawn into and trapped in a medieval world.

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »
It is progressing, with a new translator joining in no less.

azidahaka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 01:22:58 pm »
Watched the youtube video, looks kinda unique and music and graphic seems cool :)