News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: PS2: .BMZ/other file format questions?  (Read 1550 times)

Cargodin

• View Profile
    • Doushiuh☆oh翻訳
PS2: .BMZ/other file format questions?
« on: January 07, 2014, 05:17:45 pm »
Hi there! I've been peeking around an ISO (mostly for text dumps). I've been peeking into a couple games to try and dig out some information from them.

A. I would also like to pluck some of the artwork/characters from this game. However, all of the images are .bmz, which I have absolutely no experience with besides simply knowing it's a compressed bitmap. I'm also aware that these are map archives amongst Portal-folk, but I'm pretty confident these are simply pictures. Either way, I don't know how to open these little guys for my own use. I have all of the music and the movies out in the open and have found what I think is all of the storyline text (save battle sequence text and menu text), but the images are really stumping me, since Google didn't seem to help. Do other PS2 games have these hanging around on the norm, or is this something exclusive to Abarenbou Princess?

B. Been peeking around Reveal Fantasia again, for curiosity's sake, but I'm really just as stumped as before. I found some of the item name and use information, fairy names and descriptions/profiles and the music test (at least that's what I think it is after I translated it?). For the life of me I haven't been able to grab any sort of story text, and I don't think I've had much luck with the story text, which is why I'm hoping someone around here sees something that can be unpackaged that I missed. Any ideas would be stellar.