News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Other: Triple Tech Arises as a Chrono Series Technical Reference  (Read 4803 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: FaustWolf

In the works for over a year, Triple-Tech.org has gathered much of the fractured Chrono modding community's notes into one in-depth wiki. The site's goal is to become a thorough reference library for those interested in studying the inner workings of Chrono Trigger (SNES), Chrono Cross (PSX) and Radical Dreamers (SNES - Satellaview).

Triple Tech also offers a forum for in-depth discussions on everything from Chrono Trigger's BRR samples to Chrono Cross' model format. As an anti-spam measure, the Triple Tech forum requires registration to view the technical boards. What Triple-Tech *doesn't* do is host patches — it's strictly a learning environment focused on top-to-bottom analysis of these games.

Whether you're a reverent Chrono fan with a technical bent or a budding modder who wants to see an SNES or PSX game dissected to the fullest extent, check it out!

Relevant Link: (http://www.triple-tech.org)

Celice

• View Profile
Re: Other: Triple Tech Arises as a Chrono Series Technical Reference
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:51:53 am »
Man, this is some amazing stuff getting documented/worked on. I still remember when Temporal Flux was just a beginning project :o

Cross has some gorgeous backgrounds to look at--it'd be cool to find a rip or dump of them :<

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 01:37:42 am »
I'm glad to see some of this stuff being open to the public again.

Note to self: Update Tech information on there.
Mauron wuz here.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 05:49:02 am »
Definitively interesting to see some of the documented formats of CC, especially animations which are stored in a clever way in order to save room on non moving joints (most games simply throw in there a null transformation consisting of just rotations, with no translations). Now, if only the engine wasn't a complete train wreck of optimization gone really bad. :P
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 01:24:55 pm »
I'm SO glad this is being made public now.  I would love to see the community grow back to the original size it had.  There's so much more opportunity at this point with all the new knowledge known.  I can't wait to see what happens in the coming years!
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Zeality

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 02:06:01 pm »
Man, this is some amazing stuff getting documented/worked on. I still remember when Temporal Flux was just a beginning project :o

Cross has some gorgeous backgrounds to look at--it'd be cool to find a rip or dump of them :<

Got you covered on this: Link

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 01:34:37 am »
you are a saint (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ

I figured they'd be on something like the Spriters Resource but I couldn't find anything like it :/