News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

NEED MEGAMAN 2 ROM HACKING HELP!!!!

Started by 32x1000, December 26, 2013, 08:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32x1000

Hello my name is 32x1000 I am a nes rom hacker and have been working on a Megaman hack called "Rockman Super Space" for a long time. I am on the brink of finishing it. About 2 weeks ago I finally learned how to hack Nes games using hex... but I am stuck! I need to know what the addresses are for the robot masters (and Wily bosses if possible) PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE A DEADLINE TO MEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS. I also need to know how to place enemies in different areas without the graphics being all garbled! THX
"Not safe for kids over 167"

Ryusui

Okay, so...how exactly have you been working on this hack "for a long time" if you only just recently learned how to use a hex editor?

More importantly, how are you "on the brink of finishing it" if you haven't actually done any of the work you need to do on the enemies and bosses?

As for deadlines...well. I'm rather amused at the thought of a romhacker with a deadline. I mean, unless there's a evil-faced moon (or similar catastrophe) about to crash down on your head, there's really no ironclad force that could impose a "deadline" on you, and if an evil-faced moon is about to crash down on your head, then trying to rope an experienced hacker into doing your entire project for you (and stretching the truth about your own hacking accomplishments) seems like a rather questionable use of your time, doesn't it?
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

32x1000

Ok I apologize... I am just a little worried that people will be judgemental of my hack... either way is there any way you can help me with my problem?

Chippy2000

Hrrm...graphics being garbled (Messed up i presume?) ? Can you print screen this or post a download link please? I'll need to see what you mean?

And, of course I'll need to know what program you use because of this. And what Emulator you use (JNES, FCEUX ring a bell?)

Also it's a bit vague about what you mean too. I need more details.

Thanks  :thumbsup:
COO of The Chippy Cooperation (TCC)

I'm...just here...floating in space and stuff...

32x1000

I use Rockman 2 editor (by Rockman 5 easily) I am assuming that the enemy that I placed in that section of the level (in this case it is the lightning thrower from air mans stage) it draws from a certain graphics bank because the enemy behaves as it should but the graphics are really messed up. The emulator I use is FCEUX but that has nothing to do with it...

Chippy2000

So, it's from another stage I presume? THERE'S the problem. It's from another tileset or whatever you call it. That's why it's like that  :crazy:
COO of The Chippy Cooperation (TCC)

I'm...just here...floating in space and stuff...

32x1000

Do you know what I need to do to fix it?