News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Moai Kun Manual  (Read 3513 times)

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Moai Kun Manual
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:45:57 am »
Would anyone be willing to translate this manual of the game for me? I'm doing an article on this game for HG101 and if possible I'd like to fill out the article with information contained within the manual. The whole thing doesn't need to be translated, just the important bits.

http://www.videogameden.com/fc/extra/mku.pdf

Off the top of my head, obviously the back story is important and the premise of the game as well. Who are those things you rescue etc. Who are those enemies? What that M 7.8 means (I'm guessing it has something to do with the Richter scale)? Anything else that might look important or interesting etc.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Moai Kun Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 08:34:21 pm »
Gave the manual a once-over. The younger Moais you're rescuing from the antagonists, the Skull Empire, are called Pucchis (probably from プチ, small).

(All names are from left-to-right.)

Enemies:
Skull Soldier A
Skull Soldier B
Skull Guard
Skull Commander
Skull Shogun and Bat
Fire-Spitting Moai Statue
Skull King

Blocks and items:
Unbreakable block
Breakable block
Ice block
Dropping dharma block (?)
Falling block
Spikes
Stone
Jump ramp
Earthquake maker
Doors (exit)

Worlds:
Pucchi World
Stages 1-4

Island World
Stages 5-8

Mountain World
Stages 9-12

Grass World
Stages 13-16

Sea Worlds I and II
Stages 17-20 and 33-36

Ice World
Stages 21-24

Waterfall World
Stages 25-28

Sky Worlds I and II
Stages 29-32 and 45-48

Dune World
Stages 37-40

Woods World
Stages 41-44

Castle Wall World (well, technically the kana support "Castle Well World", but that doesn't make much sense - there's a wall in the background, but no wells)
Stages 49-52

Skull Castle World
Stages 53-56

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 04:51:36 pm »
Just a few questions.

Does the titular character have a specific name? Moai-kun?

Does the Earthquake Maker description have any details in it other than it makes earthquakes?

What happened to setup the game? Did the Skull Empire invade Pucchi world and kidnap all the Pucchi's?

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »
1. His name is Moai-kun.

2. The description reads something like "Headbutt this and an earthquake will occur, knocking over all enemies in the stage and temporarily stunning them!"

3. Basically, yes.

pmt7ar

• View Profile
    • @MangaHelpers
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 02:36:22 am »
I think "Moai Kid" would fit better than "Mr. Moai". As pointed in other thread, -kun can be used with both genders, at all ages (often towards a younger person), but definetively with a deeper intimacy than the formal "mister".

Moai-kun sounds like he's a young boy (or girl also, but let's suppose it's a male moai xD)

The story in the pages 3~4 goes like this:

Moai World, the world where the peace-loving Moais live happily.
But one day, something happened in Puchi Land, the place where the childrens of the Moai families (called Pucchis) live. The Evil Emperor "Skull King" kidnaped them!

Despite he being a member of the Moais himself, he's the mad head of the Skull Empire which invades and destroys other lands. But after living 3000 years, only his old white bones and a few more days of life remains. Then he made a pact with the Demon to recover a young flesh like he once had. He could get it if in return he offers hundreds of little lively Moais children (pucchis).

When the moai hero "Moai Kid" knew of this, he went alone to the Skull Empire to save the Pucchis.
But the pucchis are being confined in different places inside the Empire, and the underlings of Skull King had placed traps everywhere. But Moai Kid won't give up over that. He will save the Pucchis as fast as possible and stop Skull King' ambition!