News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: What is a man? (Or other internet meme)  (Read 1704 times)

RaitoDemonSakura

• Digital Devil Summoner
    • View Profile
What is a man? (Or other internet meme)
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:53:39 pm »
Hey romhacking community! I've been a fan of this website for a while, and feel that it's time that I make my mark. I'm interested in learning everything there is to know about hacking roms (if there is such a s thing lol). Besides a little spriting and hex editing here and there, I honestly know little to nothing about rom hacking, but I'm sure I'll meet some awesome folks who'll show me the ropes.

My dream is to create the a hack using Aria/Dawn of Sorrow as a template. I eventually want to recreate the Demon Castle War of 1999. I've messed around with it for a while, but I can't seem to get the hang of it. I also would love to translate a bunch of japanese titles, but until then, I hope to have fun and meet some cool people. See you guys around!
"The only way to escape death is to die."

Bregalad

• View Profile
Re: What is a man? (Or other internet meme)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:07:03 pm »
Welcome. I hope you'll success in making an AOS or DOS hack, those are the best two games of the series in my opinion (maybe just precessed by Super CV IV by a small tad).

VicVergil

• View Profile
Re: What is a man? (Or other internet meme)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 07:06:10 pm »
I remember THAT one hack for Aria of Sorrow which makes DeJap's inserted sexual jokes in Tales of Phantasia look tame by comparison.. Which still infuriates me, as I don't even get how to find either the text or the font itself for all three gba castlevania games

(well, five, didn't count both Shaman King Master of Spirits -even it's a bit of a stretch?- Those two didn't have a Japanese version (despite "English Translation" being clearly shown in the credits), it would be interesting to see how an En>Jp fan-translation would turn out :P They have fonts and text unencrypted too)...

But, back on topic, it's nice to see someone is at least willing to treat Aria of Sorrow with the respect it deserves.  :thumbsup:
Welcome :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:14:48 pm by GHANMI »