News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack Freezes when Catching Pokemon  (Read 1948 times)

pyromaniac720

• View Profile
Hack Freezes when Catching Pokemon
« on: December 20, 2013, 08:33:29 am »
So I just completed my first ever hack (using Firered) and I went to play it through to see how it looked. However, when I went to catch a Bulbasaur, the game reset itself. I thought maybe it was some glitch due to the fact that I made a starter Pokemon wild. So I tried catching a Pidgey, Sentret, and Mankey and each time, the game reset. Also, when Rattata used Tail Whip, the game froze. Can someone please help me with this? I'm not very computer savvy so I don't know what to do.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Hack Freezes when Catching Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:50:00 am »
I haven't hacked Pokemon before, but I can still say there's clearly not enough information.
You need to try to narrow it down yourself a little bit. Does it happen when you edit maps? Editing text?

Did you make backups of earlier versions of the hack?
If not, you'll need to make some new hacks to try to test hacking parts of the game to see if you can figure it out.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

pyromaniac720

• View Profile
Re: Hack Freezes when Catching Pokemon
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »
I had edited maps and text and had no issues when I did some playthrough. They I did a little more map and text editing and also created some characters and then did a run through and that's when I started having issues. But I did a lot between my two tests so I'm not sure what exactly caused it.