News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Star Ocean:The First Departure Editor?  (Read 2759 times)

Jaygore97

• View Profile
Star Ocean:The First Departure Editor?
« on: November 30, 2013, 03:58:46 pm »
Hey there, new to the site and i'm quite curious; is there an editor for this game? Or am I going to have learn how to edit hex stuff? I personally feel this game is waaaay to easy and wish to improve some things, such as monster/boss hp and other stats and the stats of equipment :/ if there's a known way I can do this, please let me know asap, thanks :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:16:49 am by Jaygore97 »

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
Re: Star Ocean:The First Departure Editor?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 02:28:26 am »
I can't say for certain, but I think it's highly unlikely that there's an editor for this game. If you're only concerned with alter boss and enemy HP then the project shouldn't be extremely difficult. I say shouldn't because there's always the chance that information is compressed or stored in a way that makes access extremely difficult.

I don't know anything about psp emulation, or what emulator has a tracer, but if you find one that does, then that's going to be the first step (after learning about hex and the basics).

One thing to note though is, that to my knowledge, the game doesn't run properly on emulators. If this is still the case then that's going to make things harder than it's probably worth at this point, particularly if this is your first project.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Jaygore97

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 09:13:02 am »
Darn, I was really hoping I wouldn't hear this haha! Yeah, from what I looked up there aren't ant editors or anything really. And, even reading up on the format of the files of the game, hex editing is really complicated. *sigh* tis disappointing haha!

Dahl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:18:55 pm »
If difficulty is the problem, there's always this:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/934/

Jaygore97

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:50:02 pm »
Aha thanks, but it's not that I want it to be more difficult, I just want them to have a looooooooooooot more hp (especially bosses) even on universe mode they're still really pathetic :/