News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Marioland 2 Full Colour Playable Patch

Started by Drakon, March 06, 2013, 04:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradzx

Oh.  Maybe emulator problem for not catch up for flashing?
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

Drakon

Quote from: bradzx on October 01, 2013, 12:51:05 PM
There is something missing about this game.  When I get starman power, it is not flashing, it just normal.  What if deaf people play this game and didn't hear starman power music?  I just wonder if you can fix it or not.

Often when going from black and white to full colour certain effects no longer work like the metroid 2 fading between zones effect.  A lot changes when you're no longer working with 4 shades of gray.

FroggestSpirit

I'm not going to even touch this due to the fact that I hate the GB colorizer program. If you want to see a real colorized game, check out my bugs bunny crazy castle 2 hack, or the Pokemon Red in color that I helped with. Anyways, I feel like I might give this game a treatment from scratch, and maybe add in goodies, like the ability to play as luigi. I've done some research on the game, so I can modify the physics aswell.

As for the starman, that would require a palette dedicated to the star/mario (mario will most likely have one) or the star can have 2 frames, with the pixels swapping instead of the palette. (mario would have a palette edit to make him flash)

MathUser2929

Well, we need one that works on hardware, so if you can do that your hack will have an edge on the other one.

Chippy2000

COO of The Chippy Cooperation (TCC)

I'm...just here...floating in space and stuff...

Drakon

Quote from: FroggestSpirit on November 17, 2013, 12:08:19 PM
I'm not going to even touch this due to the fact that I hate the GB colorizer program. If you want to see a real colorized game, check out my bugs bunny crazy castle 2 hack, or the Pokemon Red in color that I helped with. Anyways, I feel like I might give this game a treatment from scratch, and maybe add in goodies, like the ability to play as luigi. I've done some research on the game, so I can modify the physics aswell.

As for the starman, that would require a palette dedicated to the star/mario (mario will most likely have one) or the star can have 2 frames, with the pixels swapping instead of the palette. (mario would have a palette edit to make him flash)

You'd probably be better off starting from scratch, especially if you have the skill to do something fantastic like this.  Really I just fixed a big that required a little breakpoint work and changing one hex character.