News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Project II: Final Fantasy IV  (Read 179355 times)

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Re: Project II: Final Fantasy IV
« Reply #500 on: February 17, 2015, 02:32:58 pm »
That is a bummer.
Switching everything back should just be a case of undoing everything in those instructions, but lemme know if you need any help.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 17, 2015, 03:10:20 pm »
I think I got it. Alright, well, back to square one. And since the removal of eight-letter jobs makes the rest of the changes not so amazing in comparison, the newest version has been downgraded to v2.08.

I just need more opinions on whether or not Rydia should learn Cure2. I have one "Yes, but it's not that useful on Rydia compared to the dedicated white mages." Anyone else?

Edit 1 - Also, is Yang the High Monk of Fabul, or a High Monk of Fabul? I'm currently under the impression that he's like, the commander of the monks.

Edit 2 -

v2.08 changes so far:
- Cid's apprentices now call him Chief, for consistency
- Cry now lowers Magic Defense and not Magic Evasion
- Yang is now introduced as the high monk of Fabul (And "High Monk Yang joined!")
- (Vanilla only) Squashed another (hopefully the last!) reference to Yang being known as a black belt

May or may not change Rydia learning Cure2 upon her rejoining event to her learning it as a child.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:44:37 pm by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 17, 2015, 03:42:03 pm »
If you're doing a lot of menu text changes.  I would highly recommend trying to figure out how to use Atlas and Cartographer.  That way you can just import and export text as needed instead of having to manually shove everything if it comes to that point.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 17, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »
Yang is like the grandmaster Monk, ranked pretty much below the King. He was training his Monks when he was introduced. It's probably the reason for SPOILER ALERT

Yang accends the thone at the end of the game. High Monk or just Monk works. Is that Black Belt reference still there in Namingway? I haven't looked, yet. Also, I don't think its necessary to give child Rydia Cure 2 because she also isn't intended to be in the party long before getting aged in the Feymarch. Sure they did in the DS remake, but that's only because they nerfed her anyway and that was to make up for it.

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 17, 2015, 04:08:40 pm »
No, you changed them all. I made sure of that. :) So, the high monk it is. Then, I just want a few more to tell me about Rydia having Cure2 and I'll ship it out.

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 18, 2015, 12:10:17 am »
I don't see any reason to give Rydia Cure 2. Seems like arbitrary tinkering, not consistent with the rest of the hack.

Cavery210

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 18, 2015, 10:56:23 am »
Does the Gunslinger code still work? And I would like Cure2 to Rydia as it helps restore the dummied content in FF4.

February 18, 2015, 11:03:37 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also an idea, Make the Fire Armor weak against Ice and Ice Armor weak Against Fire. It always made no sense how the Ice Armor was strong against fire.

February 18, 2015, 11:09:47 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And you can make a optional patch to replace the Ancient Sword and the Silver Sword with the Coral Sword and Hog Call from FF4 Easy Type.
Coral Sword's attack is 45 and Accuracy is 49. It's Lightning elemental and strong against Ghosts. It is found in the Old Waterway
Hog Call's attack is 51 and Accuracy is 49. You can find it in Baron Castle in the pot that contains the Elixir. It can turn enemies into pigs. But the Silver Sword is no longer sold in Silvera.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:09:47 am by Cavery210 »

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 18, 2015, 11:52:25 am »
I'm thinking I'm not gonna give her Cure2, since I got one maybe, one no, and one yes. Not to mention, it would be useless for those of you who already played past that point, and those of you with saves with child Rydia on the team would need to start the game over so her acquisition rates are right.

The Gunslinger code should still work. I'm not changing the Fire and Ice Mails. If you want the Easy Type content, Dragonsbrethren made FFII *is* Easy Type, but you won't get my nice new script.

Cavery210

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 18, 2015, 03:17:02 pm »
Did you fix the Sealed Cave glitch. Basically you can use Warp in the Crystal Room in the Castle of Dwarves and grab the Crystal, skipping the Sealed Cave and its TrapDoors and EvilWall.

February 18, 2015, 03:18:41 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also it would be cool to do a similar thing to Project II to the Dark Shadows Over Palakia FF2j prototype.

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 18, 2015, 03:22:03 pm »
Did you fix the Sealed Cave glitch. Basically you can use Warp in the Crystal Room in the Castle of Dwarves and grab the Crystal, skipping the Sealed Cave and its TrapDoors and EvilWall.

February 18, 2015, 03:18:41 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also it would be cool to do a similar thing to Project II to the Dark Shadows Over Palakia FF2j prototype.
Yes, I did; and I would love to, but it's kind of pointless since Demiforce's translation is pretty accurate and to-the-point. Furthermore, there are no good editors for FFII other than the extremely buggy Jade.

Spooniest

• Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 18, 2015, 03:25:52 pm »
SPOONIEST HIJACKS THREAD

I learned how to edit events in ff4kster. :3 I took out the dialogue in the Flashback during the intro. :D

SPOONIEST RETURNS THE THREAT TO VIVIFY93*

*who is sexy
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

Cavery210

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 18, 2015, 03:30:43 pm »
I'd also make the hidden chests visible, move them away from the doors they could block, and replace the worthless items with something good for that dungeon.
The Poison Claws in the Tower of Bab-il: change to a CatClaw
The Darkness Sword in the Sealed Cave: Change into a Medusa Sword.
The Ghost and RedGiant monster in a box in Sealed Cave and Lunar's Lair can stay. The Lunar's Lair one can be moved to Cave Bahamut.
The 280 GP chest also in Lunar's Lair can be changed to a 2080 GP chest.
The Rod found in Lunar Subterrane can be changed to a Charm Rod.
The 150 GP in the Lunar Subterrane can be changed to 1500 GP.

February 18, 2015, 03:33:43 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Well I'd like to see a rewritten script for FF2j with the DSOP names and with the same treatment as Project II. Also the same Project II treatment could be used for the PS1 version of FF5! Maybe Project V could be in the future... But for that we'd need a FF2kster and a FF5PS1kster...

February 18, 2015, 03:35:21 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And a new coat of paint for FF7!

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 18, 2015, 03:46:03 pm »
I would die to fix up FFVII PSone. That's been on my dream list since forever. I think the only thing I wouldn't change is "This guy are sick." The rest can be tidied up nicely.

I don't know about changing hidden chests. To be honest, I forget about them most of the time... And I'm pretty sure they were removed in all FFIV ports, except the PSone port.

I learned how to edit events in ff4kster. :3 I took out the dialogue in the Flashback during the intro. :D
Rodimus Primal may be interested in this. :)

v2.08 has been submitted. I have a bit of an announcement to make.

Rodimus Primal and I have agreed that I've been to restricting on changes he'd like to make to Namingway Edition, and furthermore, I never wanted Namingway to exist in the first place. So, we're splitting them off into two separate projects come v2.08. He has yet to decide on a name and release date for this new project, but he will be in charge of it without my yessing or vetoing any of his changes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:41:41 pm by vivify93 »

Spooniest

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 18, 2015, 04:52:50 pm »
I would die to fix up FFVII PSone. That's been on my dream list since forever. I think the only thing I wouldn't change is "This guy are sick." The rest can be tidied up nicely.

I tried loading it up in a hex editor. It took forever, but hex editing ff7 should be possible. A slow and ponderous job, surely, but possible.

Cavery210

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 18, 2015, 05:28:54 pm »
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IkAFhbm8Ph-rQKD7DyjZl1OvfOZ2wG3KSctOoNa--xs/edit?usp=sharing
Here's a script I made if anyone wants to vivify FF2: Dark Shadows Over Palakia. It only goes up to Altair, however. Some suggested spell name changes are included.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:59:11 pm by Cavery210 »

Spooniest

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 18, 2015, 05:33:12 pm »
Project II-ify

Should really be "Vivify" :D

Viv is one of the nicest people I've met on the Internet yall. Project II's popularity is well deserved.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 18, 2015, 05:53:48 pm »
Project II is an exceptional accomplishment for vivify, and the work put into it shows. It's popularity is indeed well deserved. I hope to incorporate further changes into my own project.

As for Final Fantasy II (J), I attempted to update the Neo Demiforce translation with an updated script and names, but I ran into a major issue with Jade screwing up the pointers on me. I did a LOT of work into it before taking a step back to work on Namingway Edition. I'd still like to go back and work on that, only using Jade as a reference tool.

Cavery210

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 18, 2015, 07:37:06 pm »
Can you name the Soldiers on the Red Wings in the beginning of the game Biggs and Wedge since they are named that in a flashback in after years. And for the other soldiers, their names will also be Star Wars references.

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2015, 11:53:51 pm »
I'll think about it. I could change it so only Biggs and Wedge are talking. Maybe take a cue from Chrono Trigger and make the man at the helm Piet. I'd need to closely reexamine the whole intro, though. And then figure out which two soldiers to make into Biggs and Wedge in Baron Castle...

It is a very good suggestion though! I never played The After Years and quite frankly have no desire to, despite all my shoehorning in the names used in TAY. :P So I have no idea what new names are in, aside from Joanna, Theodor, Cecilia, and Leonora.

Thank you Rodimus and Spooniest. Y'all make me blush! :laugh:

Cavery210

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 19, 2015, 05:46:55 am »
Maybe one of the soldiers could be called Porkins or Jansom.