News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SUPER MARIO AND SONIC: Hack idea  (Read 8474 times)

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
SUPER MARIO AND SONIC: Hack idea
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:41:24 pm »
Hello my name is 32x1000 I specialize in nes rom hacking. I am currently working on 2 projects 1) Rockman Super Space 2) Cannot be specified. I release a group of rom hacks on a single day called a "Hackathon". I thought that releasing 2 hacks on the same day would be enough but now I think 3 is an appropriate amount. With that said I am working on a third project called SUPER MARIO AND SONIC: Return to Subcon. I like others in the rom hacking community to get involved with MOST of my projects so I would love to hear your ideas and any programming help will be accepted. :D

"Not safe for kids over 167"

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: SUPER MARIO AND SONIC: Hack idea
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 10:33:12 pm »
People will probably be much more likely to pay attention to your hacks if you take the time to do a good job than they will be if you simply decide to release three mediocre hacks on the same day.  Just sayin'.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:32:08 am »
People will probably be much more likely to pay attention to your hacks if you take the time to do a good job than they will be if you simply decide to release three mediocre hacks on the same day.  Just sayin'.
Maybe if people take part in the hacks he's doing right now like Rockman Super Space, They wouldn't be 'mediocre'

November 18, 2013, 12:36:25 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
If this hack is intended to be a Mario and Sonic crossover, how about making the world a mashup of the two (think Somari but hopefully more refined)

Grant it, seeing this is a Mario and Sonic crossover, How about making Peach an anthropomorphic female vixen [female fox] (why not?)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:17:01 am by CyberFox »

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:07:25 pm »
The 3 hacks I am currently working on have been worked on for a long time (except for the Mario sonic one because I just started on it). Like cyber fox said I use other peoples ideas and mine to all collaborate into a true masterpiece. A lot of people don't know this but these 3 hacks are only half way done. There is a lot more left to go which means more room for improvement. Besides all that I appreciate your feedback and i will take what all say into account Thanks :)

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:29:24 pm »
my pleasure

But as for Super Space, I suggest to put on a delay until the Robot Master Contest is done so when the final 9 are chosen (hopefully, one of my creations) you'll have enough time crafting their sprites, their stages along with commish someone to do the proper music for the stages
given if you promote it to get more members involved

anyway, I assume you approve of me ideas thus far for the Mario + Sonic hack?

November 18, 2013, 08:47:18 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
as for enemies for the Mario + Sonic hack
here's what i got for now

Pirate Goomba

Windup Flamouse
(It would be practical for this one to be a enemy in a world themed on toys)

Billiapede
(A enemy that would be well suited for a world themed on sports)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:54:07 pm by CyberFox »

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 09:15:57 pm »
I like them very clever....

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 09:18:51 pm »
I like them very clever....
Thanks ^^
Though it would be nice if we would get some more people on board theses hacks of yours (besides me that is)

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 09:40:20 pm »
Yes that would be helpful. Well maybe I could try setting up a post on my youtube channel and talk about the hacks so people will be more interested.

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »
Yes that would be helpful. Well maybe I could try setting up a post on my youtube channel and talk about the hacks so people will be more interested.
What is your YT channel?

PurpleSunDeryl

• Speedrunning hacks all day long
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 11:19:16 am »
Have you considered using the Master System Sonic sprites (seeming as this will be NES)?
Also, I agree that looking at Somario for inspiration is a good idea.
"I am proud to be a ROM hack and fan-game extraordinaire, because it means I can get scrub WRs."

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 04:03:07 pm »
Have you considered using the Master System Sonic sprites (seeming as this will be NES)?
Also, I agree that looking at Somario for inspiration is a good idea.

It should be like Somario but 100% more refined and more fun
Plus a plot to go with it
with stuff like
- Princesses Rosalina, Peach and Daisy turned into mobian princesses (Rosalina as a mobian cat princess, Peach as a mobian female fox princess and Daisy as a mobian female wolf princess) because of a dimension overlapse between the worlds of both Mario and Sonic
- Bowser and Dr. Eggman join forces
- a mystical being helps Mario and Sonic with mystical powers beyond their comprehension
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:26:59 pm by CyberFox »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 04:40:27 pm »
People don't tend to help on projects unless there's actual 'visual' hack progress being done.  Having an idea doesn't get very far on here as others try to pass the work down to others.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 04:46:49 pm »
People don't tend to help on projects unless there's actual 'visual' hack progress being done.  Having an idea doesn't get very far on here as others try to pass the work down to others.

I believe he has 3 of them halfway finished
however, Super Space's Robot Master contest needs more entries as well as voting afterwards to get the respectable robot masters needed for the game... he already has a plot for Rockman Super Space but refuses to detail it because it's a secret

I think it wouldn't hurt for this community to help this dude out, He stated he needs other people's ideas and feedback to make his hacks be the best it can be - as quoted here from himself "I use other peoples ideas and mine to all collaborate into a true masterpiece. A lot of people don't know this but these 3 hacks are only half way done. There is a lot more left to go which means more room for improvement."

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:07:19 pm by CyberFox »

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 09:28:42 pm »

"Screenshots or it doesn't happen" as most of people would think.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 11:44:40 pm »
The world in general is brimming with "half"-finished projects.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »
Ok screenshots....
Rockman Super Space

Early beta of Super Mario and Sonic Hack

Later beta

Latest beta

There you go :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:42:05 pm by 32x1000 »

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 05:19:24 pm »
How about retooling the whole thing beyond leaving the SMB2 levels as is?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:40:21 pm by CyberFox »

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 06:38:00 pm »
What do u mean?

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 07:22:36 pm »
What do u mean?

I mentioned during your absence that it can borrow from Somari - however, the mechanics will be more refined than the infamous pirate game

not to mention a plot with the elements like
- Princesses Rosalina, Peach and Daisy turned into mobian princesses (Rosalina as a mobian cat princess, Peach as a mobian female fox princess and Daisy as a mobian female wolf princess) because of a dimension overlapse between the worlds of both Mario and Sonic
- Bowser and Dr. Eggman join forces
- a mystical being helps Mario and Sonic with mystical powers beyond their comprehension

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 07:51:50 pm »
Oh ok well the thing is I have no idea how to change the game engine which includes mechanics AND there is no level editor for somari.