0 (0%)
The missing names
1 (20%)
Pokemon that appeared in places in the beta
0 (0%)
ANYTHING AS LONG AS THIS IS BUG-FREE!
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha has been REVIVED in my NEW ROM hack!  (Read 11295 times)

Chippy2000

• I'm the CREATOR Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha Revival!
    • View Profile
Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha has been REVIVED in my NEW ROM hack!
« on: November 01, 2013, 04:28:40 pm »
In 1997, Nintendo announced Pokemon Gold and Silver...but it was changed MASSIVELY in the finals.
 The beta and alpha versions of Pokemon Gold and Silver looked as good as the final, so with a 'lil bit of my hacking experience, I made a REVIVAL of the Beta/Alpha versions of Pokemon Gold and Silver (Yay  :happy: ).
 It's in Version 1.3 right now, and if ANY bugs are detected report them to my E-Mail OR this forum page! (Scrambled graphics are INTENDED. It was in the prototype maps) And if any bugs are detected AND reported, I'll see if I can fix 'em  :angel: .

Wanna apply for Beta Testing of this ROM? Go right ahead and post an app. Copy it into your post or it WILL be ignored.
Form here -

Name/Username - (Name, Username or BOTH)
Age - (Age, Obvious or what?)
Beta Testing SKILLZ - (Advanced, So-So, Beginner)
Time on the computer - (Hours preferably)

The maximum Beta Testers is 20. Any people who DON'T post at ALL will be off the list.

Heres a screenie of The Player's Room :D -

You need a GameBoyAdvance or GameBoy Emulator to run this ROM. I use the Visual Boy Advance Emulator 1.8.0pre to run the ROM since it's the best one but I cannot distribute it since it's copyrighted.
Oh yeah and if you wanna develop put in your signature that you do. Spread the word guys :D
If you find ANYTHING in the betas that's NOT in my hack I'll add it if there's evidence to back it up.
Oh and I need a text editor too. I can't do it very easily. If I get one developer I'll post the toolz.
Use the very same form to apply only stating the job you want.

Status of the hack -
Maps - 100% - FINISHED :D Have a cookie  :cookie:
Battle Sprites - 99.9% (Sprites are poor currently :-[ ) Couldn't add the official Dragonair Sprite so I had to make a poor mockup, Lapras will be added next update.
Overworld Sprites - 99.9% - Gonna fix the trainer sprite next update
Bug Fixes - 55% - The current versions a beta and hasn't finished beta testing. Fixed VBA breaking bug
Warps - 100% - 1 Cherrygrove City Warp cannot be added because theres 1 extra house in the beta, FINISHED! Have a cookie  :cookie:

New Christmas Edition of 1.3! 1.3c ! Download it here -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d81inqlpsu5fit7/Pokemon%20Gold%20Beta%20Alpha%201.3c.zip

Play as Santa in 1.3c with a Santa hat Happa!

Find the official FB page here! Leave a like, pwease -
https://www.facebook.com/PokeMonBetaAlphaRevival?hc_location=stream
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:22:26 pm by Chippy2000 »
COO of The Chippy Cooperation (TCC)

I'm...just here...floating in space and stuff...

PurpleSunDeryl

• Speedrunning hacks all day long
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha has been REVIVED in my NEW ROM hack!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 11:32:01 am »
I decided to vote to leave the Capsule Monsters and Kanto beta for another hack not because it would be too much work, but because, in my opinion, it would be much better to have the original concept and the original games together than to cram them in with this Gold Beta. But, that's just my opinion and if anyone disagrees I'm fine with it.  :thumbsup:
"I am proud to be a ROM hack and fan-game extraordinaire, because it means I can get scrub WRs."

Chippy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:26:52 am »
Yeah that makes sense. But it's even with the others! Still thinking about whether I should or not. Just wait until this becomes popular  :thumbsup:

November 08, 2013, 08:31:18 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I decided to vote to leave the Capsule Monsters and Kanto beta for another hack not because it would be too much work, but because, in my opinion, it would be much better to have the original concept and the original games together than to cram them in with this Gold Beta. But, that's just my opinion and if anyone disagrees I'm fine with it.  :thumbsup:

Oh and that was my original idea. But then someone said why not merge it all together and call it 'Pokemon Beta/Alpha REVIVAL'.  Because there's Kanto as a valid Region I thought that it may be a good idea!

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 06:27:13 pm »
In 1997, Nintendo announced Pokemon Gold and Silver...but it was changed MASSIVELY in the finals.
What are the changes?

Chippy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:36 pm »
Maps were vastly different. Tyranitar had different textures, many pokemon were scrapped. There was the Secretpotion in Ecurteak, Olivine had a house but the warp was moved into an unreachable place.

November 22, 2013, 03:55:08 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Oh, and 1 more vote to decide whether the 'mons from Capsule Monsters are to be added. Have a cookie  :cookie:

November 23, 2013, 10:58:02 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Version 1.3b has JUST been released YESTERDAY. Download it here -
https://www.facebook.com/PokeMonBetaAlphaRevival?hc_location=stream

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase note this is a BETA of 1.3, not an official update and so it's not passed beta testing. So no hatin' PLEASE.

Changes -
MASSIVE update :D
Capsule monsters and Red 'N' Blue added.
Old names added (Ekans -> Nagahiss, etc)
Bug Fixes

Next Update -
Gonna fix Goldenrod Radio Tower(Hopefully...)
Possibly fix the bugs from this beta update
Add Lapras to finish the old 'mons 'n' names ;D

November 23, 2013, 02:24:54 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
1.3b2 has been released!

Still a beta
Changes  ;D -
Goldenrod radio tower fixed
Lavender Town fixed
Fixed a game breaking bug
Bug Fixes
Added the overlooked azelea town

November 26, 2013, 03:12:35 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
1.3 out now! Download it here -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/84020xb3w0cdggt/Pokemon%20Gold%20Beta%20Alpha%201.3b.zip
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:12:35 pm by Chippy2000 »

PurpleSunDeryl

• Speedrunning hacks all day long
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 07:46:38 am »
Nice to see this is getting updated fairly often  :)
I have yet to play the recent version, but the first publicly released one was good, so I'm hoping this will be better.
"I am proud to be a ROM hack and fan-game extraordinaire, because it means I can get scrub WRs."

Chippy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 04:22:25 pm »
Go onto the Official Page in a sec. Gonna release a Christmas Version in a bit. Just wait a LIIIITLE bit longer!
Have a cookie  :cookie: XD

December 21, 2013, 05:24:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
1.3c has just been released! Play as Santa! Own a Santa Hat Happa! Download it here -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d81inqlpsu5fit7/Pokemon%20Gold%20Beta%20Alpha%201.3c.zip

All fans, have some cookiez! -
 :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

December 22, 2013, 02:03:57 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Looks like the corrupted sprites fix poll is currently on Of Course! as it's highest vote. Oh and due to the addition of Santa Hat Happa, Happa has EXPOSED A BETA ELEMENT IN THE CODE! It says 'REDGREEN' as it's name along with glitchy writing! Oh, and tortage's name has yet to be fixed along with Weedle's Sprite.

December 24, 2013, 01:58:31 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Voting locked. I'll fix weedle, happa and tortage. Thanks for voting, guys!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:58:31 pm by Chippy2000 »

adeleeevee

• VG lover since day 1, future ROMhacker <3
    • View Profile
    • Please help Chippy2000 and the rest of us beta testers for the official BETA/ALPHA version of Pokémon Gold!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 10:24:00 am »
What are the changes?

There's lots of changes. Almost all of the map has been edited, sprites have been edited, new PKMN have been added, and tons more. :D
I love Eevees.

Chippy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 02:35:54 pm »
this is the poll thread

December 29, 2013, 02:49:25 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Voting Unlocked, added new poll.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:49:25 pm by Chippy2000 »