News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: eXceed: Gun Bullet Children Enhanced English [PC] (COMPLETE)  (Read 4091 times)

recoculatedspline

• View Profile
eXceed: Gun Bullet Children Enhanced English [PC] (COMPLETE)
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:08:59 am »
Here’s a little project I’ve been working on. I really enjoy the first eXceed game, and thought it was a shame that unlike the other games in the series there wasn’t a good English translated version available anywhere. There was an unofficial beta translation, but it was really buggy and differed from Nyu Media’s translation. So I decided to make a new translated version using Nyu’s official translation along with some additional fixes/features by decompiling and recompiling the original source code.

Just replace exceed.exe with the included file

Features
  • Story Mode can now be selected in either English or the original Japanese language.
  • A new prologue menu item can be viewed to read the backstory to the game.
  • A new text intro is shown at the beginning of story mode.
  • Tinatu’s name has been changed to Chinatsu in order to correctly match the other games in the series.
  • Fixed various spelling typos in the menu of original japanese version.

Screenshots:

New prologue

New language selection option

New intro (for English mode)

100% complete, bug free translation

Download can be found here

Enjoy!! And i’d love to hear any feedback!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: eXceed: Gun Bullet Children Enhanced English [PC] (COMPLETE)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:02:32 am »
It so happens that for the next week you can get this really, really cheap as part of Groupee's Build-a-Doujin 2 Bundle , complete with OST.
http://groupees.com/doujin2

Of course, regular price on Steam is already three bucks, but this is even cheaper.

How did you get the "original source code", anyway?  Or do you mean something else?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

cj iwakura

• The Rhythm Rogue
    • View Profile
    • iwakura.productions
Re: eXceed: Gun Bullet Children Enhanced English [PC] (COMPLETE)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 11:39:26 am »
Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by the beta patch differing from the 'official' translation? Because we did both.

I downloaded and saw the readme. Yeah, you're going to need to give us credit for doing the original translation and hack, not Nyu. EsperKnight hacked it, I edited it, Cckerberos translated it.

The only thing Nyu did was host the script. You can even see our names on the bottom.

This is cool and all, just give credit where due.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:44:28 am by cj iwakura »

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past