News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Lend a Hand for a Hand Drawn Video Game (Super Mario 64/open to suggestions)  (Read 1878 times)

Youneedabath

• View Profile
Hi!

I'm brand new to the community and I joined because I'm looking for someone who'd be interested in helping me with a long term retexture project.  I'm a recent grad from MICA (an art school in Baltimore) and I first got the idea during my senior thesis when I downloaded Toad's Tools to screw around and see if I could make something.  I ran out of time to invest messing around in TT but I'm still really enticed by the idea.

Basically I'm trying to create a hand drawn video game. 
What I'm looking to do is have every texture, pattern, and sprite isolated and individualized so that I can make a drawing for each, which, (ideally), would be placed back within the game to create a hand drawn mod.

I have no idea how to do this. 

I'm hoping it wouldn't be too complicated but I lack the technical insight to say either way.  I'm looking for someone who could rip all the images and patterns out of a rom for me so I could draw them all.  After which they could be placed back in the game in the proper formats. 

Is this a feasible idea?  Will it be possible to convert scans or jpgs to the proper formats for the game/ROM?

Also, I'm open to drawing any game whatsoever.  I just suggested Mario 64 cause of TT and sentimental value.

Here's a link to some sketches to give an idea of some of my work (the last one is a ten foot long painting):
www.louisabbenemeagley.com

I'm really invested in this idea and want to see it come to fruition.  Any help or advice would mean a lot, thanks.