News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Quick Final Fantasy Hack

Started by keithisgood, September 23, 2013, 09:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithisgood

Hey,

I was browsing the Final Fantasy disassembler info and didn't find this info so I thought I'd ask.
Basically, I want to hack Final Fantasy so that choosing "NEW GAME" sends you directly to a battle pitting a Knight against the first Karaken and "CONTINUE" sends you to a fight pitting the Ninja against the Second Karaken.

Winning the battle would then take you to the ending text.

I thought there'd be some sort of event controller to do this, but I couldn't seem to find it in the docs. Anyone got any help?

Spooniest

I hate to post without any helpful info, but the sheer dadaistic nature of this idea really shocked me.

Why would you do such a thing?
Yamero~~!

Celice

Practice, setting a foundation for an end-game choice, personal gratification. Lots of reasons :angel:

Sadly I don't have much to offer in ways of advice. Good luck though!

keithisgood

I'm actually a freelance writer and, after hacking the graphics myself, I wanted to include it with an article dealing with Baseball and Centaurs.

And obviously, no one break your neck over this. If it's more complicated than what I'm envisioning, it's no big deal.

Trax

Maybe you would spend your time more wisely by doing a mockup of the battles, rather than hacking the whole thing...

keithisgood

You may be correct. I was hoping for something interactive, though.