News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: PSP - La Pucelle Ragnarok (JPN to English)  (Read 8336 times)

ChepChep

• View Profile
PSP - La Pucelle Ragnarok (JPN to English)
« on: September 07, 2013, 12:40:45 pm »
I have started working on translating PSP La Pucella Ragnarok from JPN to English. I am posting updates as I go on:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/page-2

So far I have gotten many of the menus translated and I have posted screenshots and an eboot.bin if you want to try the translation out.

If you have any questions or anyone is interested in helping please let me know.  My biggest issue right now is trying to compress a files that is in LZS compression. I have created a decompressor that works but having a hard time getting it back into LZS format that the PSP can understand.

-ChepChep

stuffgnome

• View Profile
Re: PSP - La Pucelle Ragnarok (JPN to English)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 12:47:54 pm »
You are my hero!  :thumbsup:

philthethrill

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:31:07 am »
I wish you luck. I never played the original, but I look forward to your translation. Will it be possible to include the DLC?

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:15:47 am »
I recently played the PS2 version, and would have liked a New Game+ mode.

If you don't mind sharing the compressor you made in that other topic, I'd be happy to take a look at it.
Mauron wuz here.

philthethrill

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:10 pm »
If you have a PS3, you can get the PAL version of La Pucelle from ebay.co.uk. It has the New Game + Option. You can also do a search on Google for La Pucelle Tactics (Europe) ISO.

ChepChep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:27:38 pm »
I am not sure how to get the DLC for LPR. Also I do not know any Japanese so I will need help with anything that is not in the PS2 version of the game.

My goal is to at least get the majority of the menus, items, skills and the main story translated which I can get from the PS2 version of the game.

I just got my compressor working and it can compress in under 30 minutes. I plan to post it at GBAtemp soon.

September 09, 2013, 10:46:13 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I have some more good news. I was able to modify char.dat inside START_JP.dat and compress it to START_JP.LZS. I created a new LPR ISO and was able to run it on the PSP. No crashing on the load screen. It appears I have reversed engineered the algorithm used for LPR for LZS.

September 14, 2013, 11:36:53 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I have translated many player names and enemies names in the game.

The update can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/page-3
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:36:53 am by ChepChep »