Does anyone have Super Mario Fighter 2?

Started by Plint Michigan, August 06, 2013, 09:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plint Michigan

*Sigh*I often go to a lot of MUGEN communities, and they are all a-buzz over this rare, obscure fan made Fighting game based off the Mario franchise. Originally, it could be found here: http://doctorwalui.shichihuku.com/SMF/smf2/2top.html

...But the download link no longer exists. Me and a bunch of friends who are interested in finding this game are going around the internet trying to find this fan-game someone made in Fighter Maker, but so far we've had no luck. I know this isn't exactly the best place to ask, but since I don't go to any Mario forums, I thought I'd try here. Does anyone have this game on RH?

InfamousKnight

Huh, interesting. Its on PC right? Yeah, I hate to say it, but you might not ever find that again.. That happened to me before. I had this batch file game called Dark Kingdoms made by a friend of mine and the download link to that game is history. In other words, theres no way to get it back. You can check out bootleg games if you're into "fan" games. Just know that most of them are complete shit. They do have a fighter mario game on the NES I believe heh.

Anyways, I would ask on the MUGEN community forum.

Spooniest

Alternatively, you could play Smash Brothers...

Just a thought...probably not very helpful. Sorry.
Yamero~~!

Plint Michigan

KingMike

Quote from: that site*現在は配信を停止しています*
Distribution is currently suspended.

If the author doesn't want it distributed, it's not permitted to ask here. :police:
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Plint Michigan

..."I have to stop the current delivery?"

No offense, but that could mean ANYTHING. Not necessarily the distribution of a free game.

BRPXQZME

No offense, but you are citing a Google Translate translation over a fairly trivial human translation.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

KaioShin

Not to mention the game might be "free", but it's brimming with stolen copyrighted content.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Plint Michigan

I still have reason to believe that was not the actual intent of the message.

Spooniest

I don't mean to be rude, but you seem like you might be a little fixated on this.

Is there some reason beyond just having enjoyed the game that gets you so worked up into a lather over it? There are so many fighting games you could play. Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition, Samurai Shodown, Tekken 3, the aforementioned Smash Brothers, heck, you could play the vs. mode in Double Dragon on the NES (Dash away from enemy, enemy chases, move downward, enemy passes, move upward, quickly dash and punch, repeat) just for old times' sake.

What makes this one game so indispensable to you?
Yamero~~!

Plint Michigan

It's not just for me, though. It's also for a bunch of guys down at the MUGEN community who wish to help make this game more known, as well as to convert the characters from the game into characters useable is grandest fighting game of them all: MUGEN.

Also, I'm a diehard who likes playing a lot of fighting games, and wants to play just about every single one at LEAST once.

LostTemplar

Quote from: Plint Michigan on August 08, 2013, 07:24:07 PM
I still have reason to believe that was not the actual intent of the message.

But that's exactly what it means.

Jorpho

Quote from: Plint Michigan on August 09, 2013, 08:32:00 AMIt's also for a bunch of guys down at the MUGEN community who wish to help make this game more known, as well as to convert the characters from the game into characters useable is grandest fighting game of them all: MUGEN.
Gee, maybe the author decided to stop distribution because he didn't want people re-using his work without properly crediting him.  :P

The art style on that page actually seems to resemble the Nintendo characters that are already in MUGEN.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Plint Michigan

Quote from: LostTemplar on August 09, 2013, 08:47:37 AM
But that's exactly what it means.

No it doesn't. That's just how you're interpreting it. It could be something entirely different.

Quote from: Jorpho on August 09, 2013, 09:16:23 AM
Gee, maybe the author decided to stop distribution because he didn't want people re-using his work without properly crediting him.  :P

The art style on that page actually seems to resemble the Nintendo characters that are already in MUGEN.

Of coarse we would give credit. Why wouldn't we? And he didn't "stop" distribution, the site it was hosted on shut down.

LostTemplar

If your Japanese is that good, go read their BBS, or even better, directly ask them. The makers clearly state there that they stopped distributing for now (but may re-destribute in the future due to a lot of requests) and are developping SMF3.

Spooniest

Quote from: Plint Michigan on August 09, 2013, 08:32:00 AM
It's not just for me, though. It's also for a bunch of guys down at the MUGEN community who wish to help make this game more known, as well as to convert the characters from the game into characters useable is grandest fighting game of them all: MUGEN.

Also, I'm a diehard who likes playing a lot of fighting games, and wants to play just about every single one at LEAST once.

Er...

I know little to nothing about MUGEN.

The Wikipedia says:

QuoteMugen is a word of Japanese origin, meaning dream, fantasy (夢幻), or infinite (無限).

So the MUGEN engine is meant to imply a fighting game that can play host to people's fantasy match-ups, and/or go on forever? Seems like a pretty clear implication to me...

You know, if you're this interested in fighting, why don't you take a martial arts course? I got my orange belt (the one above white) in Tang Soo Do when I was in college. I haven't kept up with it, but I enjoyed it a lot.
Yamero~~!

Plint Michigan

Quote from: Spooniest on August 09, 2013, 10:31:23 AM
Er...

I know little to nothing about MUGEN.

The Wikipedia says:

So the MUGEN engine is meant to imply a fighting game that can play host to people's fantasy match-ups, and/or go on forever? Seems like a pretty clear implication to me...

You know, if you're this interested in fighting, why don't you take a martial arts course? I got my orange belt (the one above white) in Tang Soo Do when I was in college. I haven't kept up with it, but I enjoyed it a lot.

As well, it's not like you can just copy/paste a character into MUGEN, it takes a lot of coding, sprite ripping, sound ripping, and all sorts of things. I good MUGEN character can take MONTHS to complete. I, myself, have only made one MUGEN character which took me a good month or two to make.

BRPXQZME

Quote from: Plint Michigan on August 09, 2013, 09:27:15 AM
No it doesn't. That's just how you're interpreting it. It could be something entirely different.
Okay not only does the fellow you are talking to have a good grasp of Japanese (better than mine, in fact), LostTemplar is literally a warrior of God. Knock it off.

The site has a request not to redistribute "画像等" (images, etc.) without permission. It seems you are trying to make like this "etc." does not include other materials on the site such as the game itself, but that's really not a very nice way to interpret polite requests.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Plint Michigan

Or maybe I just refuse to believe he actually said that, and you guys are just assuming things.

Also, he is NOT a warrior of God, that is complete bullshit.

Avster