News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hello all, new, but would like to contribute  (Read 2498 times)

AcidTearz

Hello all, new, but would like to contribute
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:42:41 pm »
Hello all

I'm new here, but would like to contribute while I teach myself the skill.  I noticed enemy or item etc editors for a couple of games.  I'm a definite lots-of-ideas person, and I was thinking, would packs of enemies or items for games that would be made available a good way to contribute/something needed?

Thanx
Acid
Tearz

joe73ffdq

• View Profile
Re: Hello all, new, but would like to contribute
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:59:47 pm »
Im new at this also, and redoing the enemies, items and other stuff is common and welcome.

The ideas I eventually plan on using for Final Fantasy with FFHackster, is to redesign the enemy formations with Tile Layer Pro, and give each one new stats, and also place each enemy in new areas.

The best idea (IMO) is to look at all other hacks for whatever game you choose to edit, and try to create something that hasnt quite been done yet. Invent a new twist that will make your ideas stand out with originality.

luigi1er

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:12:48 pm »
Hello guys  :D

I would like to contribute to the hacking of one of my favorite game : Paper Mario 64
I already have some stuffs like enemy data and price of store items, but I work on the European version, not the USA one.
Is that OK if I share address in this version because I'm not sure?

henke37

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 05:24:05 am »
Of course it is ok to share info about games.

Zoinkity

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 09:38:38 am »
Welcome!

Don't be concerned that mostly NTSC versions of games are hacked.  People just tend to hack the region they live in.  The info is just as useful. 
Besides just submitting data or posting it here, you can also help update the oft-neglected wiki.  It is quite oft and neglected ;*)

Whoops, never did Paper Mario's compression scheme!  I've been working on N64 decompressors and missed it for some crazy reason.  If you need it let me know.  Once it's worked out it can be added to SubDrag's decompression tool.