News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: WindHex Relative Kana Search  (Read 2273 times)

nx0

• View Profile
WindHex Relative Kana Search
« on: July 13, 2013, 12:51:57 pm »
I'm following Jair's guide to basic translation hacking: http://www.romhacking.net/reviews/828/#review

I'm using WindHex instead of Relative Searcher and Hex Workshop and it has been fine so far, up until the point where he searches for text in hiragana.

I get that I can do a relative search in WindHex for an English string like RETURN and it automatically converts the letters to their corresponding hex values. Is there a way to do a relative search in WindHex using hiragana? I have tried simply typing the phrase I'm looking for, ゆめのみやこ, into relative search and even text and kana search and it just returns 00 hex results or nothing at all. Anyone know what the deal is?

Bongo`

• Hatred is an illness...I feel your pain.
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
Re: WindHex Relative Kana Search
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 03:09:33 pm »
  Sorry but WindHex cannot do relative kana searches because there is no ASCII table that I can use for the kana. A=41 and that is standard. Not usable standard that I could use at the time I created the utility.
R.I.P Rose Mary C. 11/20/1937 - 2/11/2007
Dynamic-Designs Over 30 years of video game experience!
Completed: Doraemon RPG, Fuzzical Fighter, Gulliver Boy, Just Breed, FEDA, Mystic Ark, Slayers ( Co-op ), Lennus-II
Current: Aretha-2 and many more...

nx0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 11:50:30 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I found I could just do a relative value scan in Translhextion to point me to the right addresses.

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:58:57 pm »
Hi, I believe you can do what you're asking, however I usually use the hex numbers when looking up Japanese text once I know the table

Also, I use monkeymoore when looking up Japanese text strings in a file.