News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: question: converting sseq to midi?  (Read 3285 times)

dathedral

question: converting sseq to midi?
« on: July 11, 2013, 08:57:04 pm »
trying to rip some of the original music files from pokemon platinum, and I managed to get to the sseq files. apparently the last step is converting them to midi, but I'm having problems.

it seems that the one program to do this is a program simply called sseq2midi, found here: https://sites.google.com/site/kiwids/

I'm having problems running the file. when I click on the .exe a black box pops up for a fraction of a second and then closes. The Microsoft Visual link has an installer that, when I run it, starts configuring, and then disappears. I'm not sure whether or not it did what it was supposed to, but opening the sseq2midi program results in the same thing.

My question is, is there a way to run the program, or is there another program that does the same thing?

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
Re: question: converting sseq to midi?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »
It's a command line program. You have to run it from the command line. Or you can just make a .bat file to take care of it
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

dathedral

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 10:03:18 pm »
It's a command line program. You have to run it from the command line. Or you can just make a .bat file to take care of it

I'm kinda computer illiterate when it comes to that kind of stuff.

how would I go about doing that?

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 01:15:31 pm »
For the record a simple SSEQ2MIDI will probably not sound that much like the game and for most games (especially ones with slightly more complex audio like this) SSEQ2MIDI is probably the lesser of all the tools in common use today when it comes to ripping unless you do an awful lot to help it. If you need a text decode of the song then there are none better. DS sound ripping (usually goes by the format 2sf) is not half as hard as earlier consoles but it is not completely trivial.

Similarly I would be stunned if nobody bothered to rip it already (I already see a few out there though I do not know what song you want) so you are probably better off downloading a music set and setting up a copy of vio2sf and foobar.