Basic linear algebra course using Python on coursera

Started by Klarth, July 07, 2013, 03:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klarth

Hi all,

If anybody is interested in taking the following course: Coding the Matrix: Linear Algebra through Computer Science Applications then let me know as I'm taking the course.  It's free, but the material will require basic exposure to programming.  I'm using it to learn both Python and bits of linear algebra at the same time.  At the time of posting, the course is about one week underway.  You will have two weeks from today to turn in the first assignment.  The assignment can be completed in about a day.

pjh001

I actually just signed up for this course a few days ago. I am very interested in learning python as well.

Klarth

You're a bit late to the game, so I don't think you'll be able to pass the course (due to late grades) but I don't do these courses for a course certificate that are mostly useless on a resume.

Udacity also has a few courses that use Python.  I really liked the courses on there that I've tried, so that may be more up your alley if you aren't interested in linear algebra.  Though I have to say that the coursera course is changing the way I think about solving problems.