News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: A little question on editroid concerning elevators.  (Read 1610 times)

programgamer

A little question on editroid concerning elevators.
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:36:00 am »
So, here's my problem:
I decided to make a hack of the original metroid with editroid to practice my level designing skills. I wanted to start with a (somewhat) clean canvas, so I deleted all the room locations (all room layouts are still in there, though I modified some of them). But then there's this. I created a room and out of nowhere there is an elevator in the middle of it. I want to delete it, or at least move it, but can't figure out how. I would also like to know how to add and remove power ups such as energy tanks and beams and such. I googled it to no avail, and I just want to know how. Thanks you for your time!
Edit: Never mind, I figured out how to move objects from room to room with metedit. The elevator thing is also fixed. Sorry for posting such a useless thing...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:42:17 am by programgamer »

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
Re: A little question on editroid concerning elevators.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »
Not entirely pointless. Item editing in MetEdit is problematic because it only allows you to edit the first item that appears in each row of the map. For the benefit of anyone else who is confused, this is how you move items from one map location to another in Editroid.

In Editroid 2.x, in the view menu, you can choose which levels to show items for. Items will show up on the mini-map and you can drag them around to change which screen they are in. Note that items on the same row move somewhat as a unit. Select an item within the screen editor to edit its properties. Editroid 2.2 adds an advanced item editor that gives you more flexibility and allows you to place additional items and remove items, but the advanced item editor is only accessible on expanded ROMs.

In Editroid 3.x, you can show items on the map but you may not drag them around. To move items to a different screen, use the advanced item editor, which, again, requires an expanded ROM.